Table of contents January 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Spike Jones with "A Happy New Year."
- From The Guild for the Blind: Consumer Products Center Catalog,
we learn about the Unified English Braille Code,
a Pedestrian Safety Handbook,
an update on SSA SSI and Veterans Benefits, resources available from Guide Dog Users Inc.
and January is Glaucoma Awareness Month.
- Eva Carter has a question about mailing a magazine.
- Mimi Winer on computer training.
- Marilyn Smith on new games
and her new book in audio format.
- We have January birthdays.
- Marilyn Kirchner tells us about her move.
- Diana Burkhardt on an intercom system and security doors.
- Duncan Holmes has cassette albums, a cassette recorder and CD holders to give away and has an update on his tour plans.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Two Blind British Men have Electronic Retinas Fitted."
- Catie Mangrum with a Coon huntin' story.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "The Minuette in G Sharp Minor."
- Kate needs your help in preparing a new Newsreel cookbook and has a Raffle update.
- Arlene Hebert has "Favorite" recipes.
- Linda Vos has hints for labeling frozen items.
- Diane Motchuk says thanks and sends in a pancake recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran comments on the telephone and shares some recipes.
- We have some of the over sixty ways to use salt.
- Jake Miller lets us know how he is doing.
- Willie Merritt has the December jumble answer.
- Irwin has the January jumble.
- Patty Luchtenberg has best wishes for the new year.
- Rollie Hudson invites you to join the Newsreel Facebook page.
- From Jane McIver: "The Old Phone."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- From Bob Prahin: "Auld Lang Syne."
- From Linda Bennett: "Legend of the First Snow Storm."
- Nancy Scott has an essay called "The Words and the Score."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Barefoot in the Park."
- Irwin shows how returning mailers are processed in the Newsreel office.
- Jimmie Sue Castleberry would like help in keeping track of medications.
- Barb Blejewski has New Year's wishes.
- "Changes, Changes and more Changes" from Ann Chiappetta.
- Enrique Domenech would like to hear from other Muslims and wants braille or audio versions of the Koran.
- Kate reads about a proposed World Blind Union treaty to make more books accessible.
- Duncan Holmes is looking for the name of a song.
- Linda Bennett sends in a New Year's Prayer.
- We have part 7 of Sixty-five Years of Radio from WOR.
- Marg Campbell has a digital TV-RADIO to sell.
- From Deborah Kendrick: "Rejection of Treaty Shames Nation."
- Irwin needs your help in identifying a Raffle contribution.
- Jackie Derwin tells us about her holidays.
- Mike Lantz would like to meet new pen pals.
- Kate reads about a petition to add Audio Description to DVDS.
- Elizabeth Schilhab and others have the Musical Slice answer.
- We learn that Mark Foersterling passed away.
- Joan Cox tells us of the passing of Evelyn Fisher.
- Irwin reports on the deaths of Brad Greenspan and Arthur Evans.
- Kitty Weiss would like to hear from Newsreelers who have had shoulder surgery.
- Irwin says thanks to a couple of Newsreel members.
- Debra Saylor is looking for a movie.
- Pat Munson on volunteering and losing vision.
- Ray Kurzweil will be Joining Google.
- Carl Brodman would like to make new friends.
- Linda Bennett sends in a poem for January.
- Sharon Strzalkowski enjoyed a couple of articles in the December issue of Newsreel.
- Joan Andrews comments on Peter and the Wolf.
- From Ed Fedush: "Take a Cab."