Table of contents January 2014.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak with "The Stars and Stripes Forever."
- From Linda Bennett the poem "January."
- Daniel Crone has a corrected phone number for ComCast.
- We have information on scholarships from ACB.
- Carrie Cischke became a Newsreel Life member and enjoyed the December issue.
- "Low Vision Devices Getting Much Needed Attention."
- Elaine Young wonders if any Newsreelers have attended the Accelerated Mobility Program at Leader Dogs.
- Linda Bennett sent in "Disaster Tips for Fido."
- Peggy Covey on technology; transportation and retirement.
- From the Winter ACB Ohio Connection: News Bytes.
- From Second Sense: Alzheimer's information in audio,
we hear about RS Games,
and accessing the internet by phone.
- Tom Lykins on computers and technology.
- Lucille Caruso is divorced and she is looking for a cassette recorder.
- Madene Ballentine tells us about sources for cassette recorders; introduces herself and would like others to do the same.
- We have January birthdays.
- Mike Blanck on where to live.
- Bob Self tells us that his wife passed away.
- We hear of the passing of Joe Lazzaro.
- Tim Hendel on the passing of a friend and comments on the ADA.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with a medley.
- Kate talks about the recipes she made in December and shares one for pineapple cookies.
- Irwin has notes on the cookbook and our e-mail and website.
- Barbara Corner discusses the ADA.
- Gary Sivak is looking for an Insignia HD Radio.
- We hear about a new talking HD Radio.
- Joan Cox has holiday greetings.
- The ACB National Office has posted information about state White Cane laws.
- Cathy McCracken talks about holiday celebrations.
- From Marianne Daley: "The New Gets Old Faster."
- Kathy Pritchard comments on the ADA; wants to know more about Non-24 and comments on driving.
- Voting Problems Widespread for those with Disabilities.
- Ellen Flourie would like pen pals.
- Ed Fedush sent in some sayings from Phyllis Diller.
- Bojane Heap talks about "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda" and enjoys Philmore Productions.
- Adrijana Prokopenko has started an on-line pen pal magazine.
- Joan Andrews on Non-24 sleep-wake disorder.
- "New Department of Transportation Rules Makes Flying Easier for Passengers with Disabilities."
- "New AFB Advocacy Resources."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- We have "Auld Lang Syne."
- Linda Bennett with "New Calendar."
- Nancy Scott has an essay titled "The Clay Never Hardens."
- From Jonathan Mosen: we learn about Voice Dream Reader.
- Marg Schmitz on Non-24 sleep disorder.
- Pat Munson tells us about a trip.
- Jane McIver comments on the December issue; talks about the World Book Encyclopedia and would like to know if anyone is using Pandora Radio.
- Bob Clayton sends in information about Free Matter mailing to Canada.
- Bob Riibe on the Caller ID unit mentioned in the December issue.
- "Library of Congress to Offer Junior Fellowships."
- Lucille Caruso shares a song and is resident entertainer at her nursing home.
- We welcome new Life members and subscribers to Newsreel.
- Irwin has a new jumble.
- Assis Dias would like QST magazine on cassette.
- We have part ten of Jack Benny's Golden Memories of Radio.
- Kate starts the 2014 Friendship Raffle.
- Lois Howard has three items for sale.
- Kevin Walsh says a friend has the Alfred Hitchcock Hour on DVD for sale.
- Marilyn Smith talks about keeping a diary; has a poem and special products from Scentsy.
- Irwin says thanks!
- From Marianne Daley: "Precious Eyes."