Table of contents January 2015.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From Linda Bennett: "New Year Wishes."
- Tim Hendel likes a cassette recorder and recommends a service for repairing Perkins Braille Writers.
- From Marianne Daley: "FCC Announces Formation of Disability Advisory Committee.
- We have several items to give away at Newsreel.
- From Tom Kaufman and Kim Charlson: we learn about Talking Menus from ComCast.
- Gary Sivak sends in "The Sounds of the Sun" from Science News.
- We have January birthdays.
- Marianne Daley comments on scanning programs; wants to know more about the Kindle App for the PC; reminds us about the Chicago Lighthouse Help Desk and suggests a book.
- Kate would like your help with a short Newsreel survey.
- Marg Campbell has a question about reading PDF files.
- From Doug Hudson and Humanware: "Read What the Experts are Saying about Prodigi."
- Claude Long comments on technology and would like correspondence.
- Tom Kaufman wonders about a UBI Talking Home Controller.
- Amy Phillippi on ways to learn.
- Ed Fedush has gentle thoughts.
- Doug Hudson with "Help me Help Someone."
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "O' Lady be Good."
- Kate tells us about the free cook books from December and we offer 3 new ones for January.
- Jeanne Corcoran recommends a course from Hadley School; discusses newer crockpots and shares some recipes.
- Joan Andrews on pull-tab cans and a crockpot cookbook.
- Pam Spurlock tells us about cookbooks from Home Readers and has a cooking tip.
- Diane Motchuk on pull-tab cans and has a couple of recipes.
- "Google Spoon Steady in Shaky Hands."
- Louise Anderson on tape recorders at Radio Shack and sends in a recipe.
- Kate tells us about her recent cooking experiences.
- Irwin's sister Miki bakes a Carrot Cake.
- Adrijana Prokopenko tells us about an interactive Christian site.
- Richard Brock discusses prevention of rust in your microwave; talks about technology; finding help; the KNFB Reader and was hit by a car.
- Cheryl Morgan is looking for 120-minute cassettes and a couple of albums.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Duncan Holmes with a New Year's Eve 1960 recording.
- Nancy Scott has an essay called "Follow the Bouncing Cane."
- Abbie Taylor on technology; her cell phone and shares a poem.
- Richard Hardy tells us about a new hearing aid and dealing with ear wax.
- From here and Now: "A Guide to Gifts for those who Can't See."
- From the Winter 2014 Ohio Connection: News Bits by Elizabeth Sammons.
- We have a Turkish song from Adrijana Prokopenko.
- Thanks to the C. W. and Marjorie J. Schrenk Family Foundation for their support.
- We visit a Winter Wonder Land with Inner Vision.
- We welcome a new Newsreel member and have word of a couple of passings.
- Rudy Hodnik has a Ham Radio receiver for sale.
- Christine Chaikin is selling an Alabama Resource Handbook.
- George Gray is offering samples of "Circle of Love" magazine.
- Alice Massa with "A Snow Flake Garden."
- Robert Acosta tells us about a GDUI summer drawing.
- From Access World: "Computers for the Blind opens Worlds One Computer at a Time."
- From Doug Hudson: a Paul Harvey story about a golfer.
- Garnet Claypool is looking for some records.
- Jeanie Meador would like to find several items.
- Angela Gatteys has some braille books to pass along.
- John McCune would like help with his phone.
- From the Winter 2014 Ohio Connection: "Back to the Acting Future" by Jim Oyer.
- George Gray has the jumble answer for December and Irwin has a new word game.
- We learn about a new ACB affiliate being formed for people with Cerebral Palsy as well as blindness.
- "School Punishes Blind Boy by Replacing Cane with Pool Noodle."
- Ed Fedush with a Super Bowl joke.