Table of contents January 2016.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From Linda Bennett: "New Year Bells Ring on, Ring on."
- Joseph Colvin has a corrected phone number for the Verizon Accessibility Department.
- Vinny Samarco would like help with a VoiceSense.
- We hear about a braille smart-watch.
- Ginger Harms wants to know more about writing braille on I-devices.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Robotics Company EKSO Helps Disabled Walk."
- Beth Terranova comments on "Doing Everyday Things Doesn't Make Anyone Special."
- Tim Hendel discusses help in airports.
- We have January birthdays.
- Linda Kerwood introduces herself.
- We welcome some new Newsreel subscribers and Brandy Gullens would like some pen pals.
- Loretta Jurkiewicz comments on searching for radio stations on the Victor Stream.
- Bojane Heap on safety.
- Tammie Snyder is looking for a braille copy of the NVDA commands.
- Vicky Prahin sent in an article about "FCC Compliance Deadlines for Providing Accessible Emergency Information for Persons who are Blind or Visually Impaired."
- From The Los Angeles Times: "US Revising Self-Driving Car Stance."
- Ed Snively tells us what he has been doing recently.
- We learn that Steve Speicher passed away.
- Cindy Durborow is looking for a bowling rail and an Optacon.
- Dennis Schaffner with holiday greetings.
- Jane McIver has information about a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
- LaBelle Murtha has the jumble answer and Eva Elfassy has a new jumble.
- Tom D'Agostino in the Wax Works with "I'm Coming Virginia."
- Kate asks about using a glass-top stove; she have two free braille cookbooks to pass along and Kate shares a couple recipes.
- Robert Wegner talks about his Thanksgiving feast and shares some recipes.
- Jeanne Corcoran has some recipes.
- Laura Pettis with a recipe.
- Diane Motchuk has a question about a recipe and shares one.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Glimcher Sued, Accused of Discriminating Against Disabled."
- Leslie Miller on a talking thermostat she likes.
- From Tom Kaufman we hear about an accessible thermostat.
- Duncan Holmes is looking for a rare polka.
- Catie Mangrum says her daughter has old NLS recorded magazines to share and Catie has a song from the wind-up victrola days.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- From Linda Bennett: "The New Year."
- Nancy Scott with "Snowy Memory."
- John Wesley Smith with a review of "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August."
- Robert Acosta tells us about a GOODUI fall 2016 cruise.
- George Gray concerning Camp Salom.
- Irwin has an update on Paris.
- "The Rainbow Bridge" from Jean Howes.
- From Ann Chiappetta: "The Dog Swap."
- "Pooches Rome Busy Airports to Help Weary Holiday Travelers De-stress."
- From Marianne Daley: "Cancer Stinks and that Might be a Good Thing!"
- Lisa Burkhardt wants a Handi-cassette recorder.
- From The Columbus Dispatch: "High Tech Glasses Give Legally Blind Man Hope."
- Duncan Holmes sends in a clever rendition of "Peter and the Wolf."
- We hear about unique tactile greeting cards from a new Newsreeler in England Lynn Cox.
- We have a piece from Accessible Media Inc. about calling bus stops in Canadian province and a wage dispute in an Ohio shelted workshop.
- Dumcan Holmes tells us about his upcoming tour schedule.
- Debbie Blank has a health update.
- Victor Schmidt with an update on his health.
- Toni Eames tells us about her new house and has an animal update.