Table of contents January 2017.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From Linda Bennett: "New Year Wishes."
- Ginger Harms has information about the Rainbow Color Reader
and she tells us about a wind screen for her Olympus recorder.
- We hear about CCLVI scholarships.
- Bob Riibe has a correction concerning the boots he talked about in December.
- John Wesley Smith has a large-print weekly planner to pass along.
- Kate found something honoring Louis Braille.
- John Timpson is looking for a decent tape recorder.
- We have "A Little History" sent in by Tom Kaufman.
- We have January birthdays.
- We have an update on Alice Massa's new book.
- We hear about Spoken Word Ministries.
- "Districts Blocked Blind Teacher in Ohio from Employment."
- Mike Lantz has a friend who wants a Sony 105.
- We have a note on devices used to view video programming.
- We learn about a descriptive movie program.
- From Katie Frederick: Theater audio Description Rule Published.
- Barbara Mattson says thanks; comments on diabetic testing strips
and is looking for a Braille Lite Millennium. 20.
- We welcome some new Newsreel members and Kate tells you how to become a Life member.
- Ed Snively introduces himself.
- Blind Brookline Resident Remembers a Helpful Family.
- From Gary Sivak we hear about the Lyre Bird.
- Gerry Gabrielli explains major and minor chords.
- Kate tells us who won the cookbooks in December; we have several books to pass along in January and Kate wonders if it is time to prepare a new Newsreel cookbook?
- We have excerpts from All About Food from our local radio reading service.
- Lisa Abraham shares three recipes.
- Jeanne Corcoran with some recipes.
- Irwin makes meatloaf.
- Victor Schmidt wonders about shopping at Amazon Go.
- Karen Marshall is looking for the book "Drawing with Your Perkins Brailler."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- From Linda Bennett: "The World has Need of you."
- From Nancy Scott: "There SHOULD be 100 Cookies!"
- John Wesley Smith reviews "Somebody I Used to Know." (DB 85246)
- Bojane Heap reads: "Disabled Girl Takes Battle for Service Dog to Supreme Court."
- We have the answer for the November jumble and Irwin has a new one for January.
- Chester Carnes is looking for "Books Bring Adventure."
- Fannie Beachy on cleaning a glass stove top and about braille.
- Doug Hudson on braille.
- Christine Chaikin discusses a can opener and comments on braille.
- Lucille Caruso on braille.
- Pam Spurlock concerning braille.
- We learn about a new assistive technology blog.
- Trish Cleary comments on braille.
- Debra and Anthony Jock have holiday greetings.
- Jimmie Castleberry on cell phone batteries.
- E. Z. Cleghorn comments on the December Newsreel and talks about Old-Time-Radio.
- Adrijana Prokopenko tells us about a social networking platform for the disabled.
- We have an article about Ronnie Milsap.
- George Gray with phone numbers that Pam Spurlock wanted.
- Irwin has a house update.
- We have a source for prescription drug labeling information.
- Victor Schmidt with a song from 1962.
- Hap Holly with a harmonica recording.
- "Blind and Abandoned, the Boy with the Amazing Memory Found a Friend for Life."
- Tom Lykins is looking for a board slate.
- Phil Jackson no longer has his Philmore box number.
- Marg Campbell wants to know how to spell a word.
- We remember the Newsreelers who passed away in 2016.
- We received word that Alice Jackson passed away.
- Nolan Crabb sent in the obituary for Otis Stephens.
- Marc Marino is looking for one or more copies of a braille hymnal.
- Duncan Holmes introduces "We Three Kings."