Table of contents January 2018.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak with a piano piece.
- We learn about NFB scholarships.
- We have information about CCLVI scholarships.
- Marianne Daley would like you to send articles into Newsreel and help us celebrate our 60th anniversary in other ways.
- From Barbara Mattson: "Why I Like Newsreel."
- Gayle Adams shares an article about how Newsreel has inspired her.
- Richard McKinley on the reading of web links in articles and on learning the iPhone.
- From NBP: "Dad and the Dinosaur."
- We learn about Go Go Grandparent.
- From Vicky Prahin and Denise Baumann: (Go Go Grandparent now has Voice Commands."
- We have January birthdays.
- Adrijana Prokopenko has news about a fire extinguisher recall.
- George Gray comments on ADA requirements.
- From Marianne Daley: "Owning a Dog Cuts Risk of Heart Attacks and Other Fatal Diseases, Study Shows."
- Gerry Gabrielli reminisces about his youth.
- We have cookbook winners for December and what we have to give away in January.
- Robert Wegner comments on Newsreel and is "talking turkey."
- Jeanne Corcoran with remembrances of Patty Luchtenberg and shares some recipes.
- Diane Motchuk talks about cleaning vegetables and has a vegetable soup recipe.
- Joni Colver on exercising.
- "Canine Brain MRI Showed True Affection for Owners."
- "Don't ever get on Alex's Bad Side."
- Karen Marshall reports on accessible catalogs.
- Duncan Holmes sends in "A Musical Road in California."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Duncan Holmes on his tours; will be appearing on "The Piano Puzzler"; hopes to see you at Camp Salom and shares a couple of bits from The Joy Boys.
- Linda Bennett with a joke.
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Alone A Classic Polar Adventure." (DB 41488) or (DB 09394)
- We welcome our newest Life member.
- From Nancy Scott: "Can you Hear it Now?"
- We remember Newsreelers who passed away in 2017.
- Kevin Mitchell would like to establish a long-term relationship.
- Bill Morgan tells what's been going on in his life.
- Kate has a quote from our Facebook page.
- From NBP: "How to Learn about Almost Anything."
- We have a Louis Braille quiz.
- From the ACB Leadership List: "Microsoft's Seeing AI App for the Blind now Reads Handwriting."
- We have the answer for the December jumble; a new one for January and Lucille Caruso has a memory of Patty Luchtenberg to share.
- From Katie Frederick: "Virgin Atlantic has Launched in Flight Entertainment for Blind People."
- Structured Negotiation: a Winning Alternative to Lawsuits (DB 89210) is available from NLS.
- Victor Schmidt has an oldie.
- Victor Schmidt with another oldie.
- Walter Woitasek has a Perkins brailler to sell.
- Chester Carnes is selling a couple of items.
- From January 1988 we introduce The Braille 'n Speak.
- E. Z. Cleghorn tells us about a choir audition; mentions a great book; would like to know who is your favorite sports broadcaster and comments on the Braille 'n Speak.
- Tom Lykins on Blazie products.
- "Paint for the Blind."
- Tim Hendel comments on describing older technology.
- Doug Thibaut would like to hear iPhone tutorials.
- We have random facts from Toni Eames.
- From Diane Motchuk: the book "Louis Braille a Touch of Genius" is available for a reduced price in January.
- We have the answers for the Louis Braille quiz.
- From Clinton Lindgren: "Auld Lang Syne."