Table of contents January 2019.
- Linda Bennett with "Winter Music."
- Marg Schmitz welcomes us to 2019.
- We have a correction for ordering the audible volt meter.
- Joan Porter reports on Verizon phones.
- Irwin about getting a code for his Credit Freeze in braille.
- Trish Cleary tells about attending baseball games and comments on flip phones.
- Cathlyn Shields introduces herself and comments on flip phones.
- "Social Security Warns of Attempts by Identity Thieves to Steal the Information of Beneficiaries."
- Ken Chrane reports that APH will be producing Readers Digest again in braille.
- "Emotional Support Pets Disrupt Flights."
- Angela Gatteys has the jumble answers from December and Kate with a new jumble.
- Jimmie Sue Castleberry comments on going to baseball games.
- We have January birthdays.
- From E. Z. Cleghorn "The Gipper would be Proud."
- We list the names of Newsreel members who have passed away in 2018.
- Lucille Caruso reviews a keyboard.
- Kate with The Difference between Moms then Versus Now.
- Tom Lykins would like advice on which Screen Reader to use.
- Duncan Holmes tells us about Sharon's cancer and shares the song "My God is Bigger Than This."
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From Gerry Gabrielli we hear Arthur Godfrey playing the piano.
- Kate tells us what people won in December and what we have to pass along in January.
- Jeanne Corcoran says thanks and shares some recipes.
- From Marianne Daley: "Parrot Uses Amazon to Order Items While Owner is Away."
- Laurie Pettis has a cucumber salad recipe.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: Artificial Dyes Fading but Food will still Get Color Boost.
- Ginger Harms sends in an article about a new high-tech oven; has help for your coffee and wants advice on a talking scale.
- Beth Hunter would appreciate suggestions for tactile markings and wants to know where to get a manual brailled.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Woodworker with Cerebral Palsy Tackles Challenges to Open Own Business."
- The Car of the Future will have Powerful Communication Technology on Board.
- From Lucille Caruso "The Boll Weevil Song."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Bob Branco sent in a politically correct version of "Baby It's Cold Outside."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "When We Collided." (DB 86607)
- Nancy Scott with "What Those Hands have Touched."
- Pam Spurlock tells us about a book she read. DB 86708)
- Joan Andrews on reading the Harry Potter books.
- Waymo Launches Nation's First Commercial Self-driving Taxis."
- From Tom Kaufman and Robert Acosta: "Letters, we Get Letters: receiving Digital Scans of your Mail Envelopes."
- Mike Lantz on going to a party and is looking for a friend.
- Tim Hendel would like you to share your religious beliefs if any.
- Patty Silver has a couple of good stories.
- Trucks are Included in Guidelines Calling for Safety Exemptions to Facilitate Rollouts.
- "I Want the Google Driving Car for Christmas."
- Yellow Snow Yellow Snow Yellow Snow from Elaine Young.
- Loren Wakefield wants to know about food dehydrators and has a braille display for sale.
- Leo Schecter is looking for a cassette recorder and a 2nd edition Victor Stream.
- We have a new Life member and we say "THANKS" for donations in memory of Miki.
- Larry Honaker demonstrates Amazon's voice assistant on the Fire Tablet.
- E. Z. Cleghorn on listening to Newsreel on your iPhone; Apple Music coming to the Amazon family of products and is offering to help with training.
- Bob Branco comments on finding work.
- Gayle Adams about sensitivity training; job searches and cell phones.
- Kishia Mason on job training.
- Dana Ard discusses employment and has several questions.
- Philip Jackson tells us about an Enhanced Bible from Audio Bibles for the Blind.
- Ken Chrane tells us about Out Of Sight Radio.
- Will Driverless Cars Become Love Dens?
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Boy with Down Syndrome Thrives with Service Dog."
- Scientists Grow Human Retinas.