Table of contents February 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Linda Bennett sends in the poem "February."
- George Gray invites you to Camp Siloam.
- Easter Seals Project Action to Host Webinar on Stop Announcements.
- Marg Campbell on the New York State School for the Blind Reunion.
- Braille Clothing Tags are still available from Telephone Pioneers.
- Ellen Flourie would like pen pals.
- We have February birthdays.
- White House Announces Audio Descriptions for Public Tours.
- Sally Link has the name of the song that Duncan Holmes wanted.
- Duncan Holmes with a new address.
- Kate has a Raffle update.
- Nancy Levy says her wireless thermometer won't talk when it is cold outside and Irwin has a suggestion.
- Tom Kaufman sent in "Getting in Touch with Braille" from Angela Orlando.
- Brad Barrows and others have the jumble answer.
- Irwin has the February jumble.
- We learn that Anna Porter passed away.
- Mike Hally passes along word of the death of Merle Johnson.
- Jacqueline Derwin passed away.
- Diane Motchuk would like to find a Road Runner Talking Bible.
- Richard Hardy is looking for a tape recorder and has more about his hearing aids.
- Keith McUmber would like to hear from others who have had chemotherapy.
- Carl Blank wants to know more about Heritage for the Blind.
- Listen carefully if you've been thinking about becoming a Newsreel Life Member!
- Julia Cobb tells us who narrates Guideposts.
- We have more ways to use salt.
- Henry Furtak with a radio theme.
- Tom D'Agostino has a selection from a musical in The Wax Works.
- Tom D'Agostino shares a soup recipe.
- Kate reminds you to send in recipes for our new cookbook?
- Robert Wegner would like to hear from a couple of people and shares some kitchen hints.
- Arlene Hebert with casseroles.
- Jean Sutton has two chicken recipes.
- Jeanne Corcoran shares some recipes.
- Keith McUmber likes a Spill Stopper.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Bob Prahin sent in "My Funny Valentine."
- Kate reads some "Presidential Quotes."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Chocolate: a Bitter Sweet Saga of Dark and Light."
- John Wesley Smith talks about the book "Rebecca."
- From NLS: 2013 Collection Advisory Group Seeks Suggestions.
- From Second Sense: "Second Opinions: our new Blog,
Renaming the Magazine and New Business Directory Assistance Number.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Working a Dream Job: a Blind Lawyer at SEC."
- Bojane Heap on expectations; a hint from a previous issue and messages on cassettes.
- Ruth Failor says a friend is in need of a typewriter.
- Karen Kelting is looking for two people.
- From Ed Fedush: "A Laugh for the Day."
- Victor Schmidt takes us to his NLS retirement party.
- Catie Mangrum has "Won't you come Home Bill Bailey?" and a sequel.
- Listing of Newest Changes to the Braille Code.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Information on Quiet Car Rule Making."
- We have samples of sounds from quiet cars.
- "Schools must Provide Sports for Disabled."
- "Blind Siblings Get Help from Seeing Eye Dogs."
- From Ed Fedush: "Where God is."
- Gary Sivak would like help with Iheart Radio.
- Kathy McCracken comments on volunteering.
- Laurie Pettis has a muffin recipe.
- Pam Spurlock with a kitchen hint.
- Kathryn Devlin has best wishes for the new year.
- Amazon Buys Speech Recognition Company.
- Ed Fedush sent in quotes from police officers.