Table of contents February 2016.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Patty Luchtenberg reads the poem: "St. Valentine."
- Jim Bemiller enjoys Newsreel; sees it as a valuable source of information and would like to hear from folks.
- Christine Chaikin has suggestions for finding NVDA shortcuts in braille.
- Marg Campbell with a new phone number.
- Ed Fedush about finding accessible Bibles.
- Janet Didsbury is looking for some music.
- We have February birthdays.
- Tom Lykins on blind people at airports.
- June Knote comments on blind people at airports.
- Ed Potter says he is still around; Playback Marketing has closed; he has a health update; comments on airports and the word "amazing".
- Bojane Heap has news about Gloria Rathbone; comments on blind people using wheelchairs; will be going to a baseball game and is taking some computer training.
- Adrijana Prokopenko has information to help you become more self sufficient and independent.
- Ellen Boxrud tells us of a celebration.
- Doug Hudson says "Happy Valentine's Day" and talks about Softpicks.
- Richard McKinley reports on The Smart Battery and Case and the Lightning Doc from Apple.
- Barbara Mattson rejoined Newsreel; talks about correspondence clubs and blind people and transportation.
- "New President of American Printing House for the Blind Announced."
- Tom D'Agostino has "The Blue Danube" in The Wax Works.
- Kate tells us who won the free cookbooks in January; has new ones for February; she discusses an angel food cake recipe and would like to hear from someone again who called in about that recipe.
- Robert Wegner with a Kitchen Korner on dressing.
- Jeanne Corcoran with some recipes.
- We have recipes from The Columbus Dispatch Food Section.
- Marg Schmitz comments on cream cheese and likes Diane Motchuk's birds
- Diane Motchuk about turkey.
- Donna Permar on cooking with a glass-top stove.
- Vicky Ireland recommends a recipe from "In The Newsreel Kitchen."
- Patty Silver has a potluck recipe.
- From Ann Chiappetta: The Year of Revising Re-writing "Wolf."
- We have the jumble answer for January and a new jumble for February.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Denny's Introduces Newly Enhanced Website and Mobile Application."
- Kate starts the 2016 Friendship Raffle.
- From Tom Kaufman and Robert Acosta: "A Farewell Song to Nine EBAE Contractions."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Abbie Taylor with the poem "What is Love."
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Every Soul a Star." (DB 68438)
- Deborah Kendrick with "You have to be Low to Fake Disability for Profit."
- Marie Rudys on slates.
- From Doug Hudson and Robert Acosta: "Forget Driverless Cars, Someone Made an autonomous Personal Transportation Drone."
- Mike Lantz says he is seeing someone and wants to find some airchecks and parodies.
- From AFB: Suggestions on applying for a job.
- "Ohio State, Ohio University Allow Therapy Animals in Dormitories."
- Phyllis and Michael Warner would like tape correspondence.
- Loretta Jurkiewicz has another radio station you can find on the Victor Stream.
- We welcome some new Newsreel members.
- Kate found this piece "About Love."
- Thanks to Tim Paul we have a couple of stories from NPR'S Morning Edition about River Blindness.
- We hear about a new book "Infinite Hope" from Ann Bliss.
- Chester Carnes has a board slate and a braille writer to sell.
- Karen Marshall tells us where to get regular or micro cassettes
and says that Marvin Scales would like to renew some old acquaintances.
- Irwin is looking for the external speaker for the Trekker Breeze.
- Robert Wegner is looking for some Christmas music on CD.
- Jeanne Corcoran likes a CD-RADIO-CASSETTE recorder.
- Joan Andrews has a Christmas card to share; has an Optacon for sale for parts and comments on her local choir.
- We hear about a possible new braille display.
- "Third Eye Pivots from Google Glass to Mobile."
- Vicky Prahin sends in a request for feedback to the TSA.
- "Can we Make Sure Robots are safe?"
- We end with more about "Love."