Table of contents February 2017.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- We have a quote from Loretta Jurkiewicz.
- We learn about a new college scholarship.
- George Gray tells us about Camp Salom 2017.
- Kate welcomes new Newsreel members and a subscriber working on her Life membership.
- We have February birthdays.
- From Tom Kaufman and Andy Baracco: "Accessible Set Top Boxes FAQ."
- Joan Andrews with a seasonal riddle.
- Cathy Blackburn reports on her efforts to get an accessible set top box.
- Patty Silver is looking for dymo tape.
- "Broadway's Hamilton is being Sued for Discriminating Against the Blind."
- West Linn Community Chorus Relies on Humor Talent.
- IRS Tax Return Preparation Help is Available.
- Sandy Furtado wants to know who can repair APH recorders.
- Rosemary Goodrich tells us about her new Seeing Eye dog.
- Nancy Levy talks about Ronnie Milsap and has a question about the Victor Stream.
- We learn about Windows 10 and Narrator.
- Pastor Philip Jackson has CD cases to give away.
- Ed Fedush with "Life's Lessons."
- Duncan Holmes with "My Funny Valentine."
- Deb Caldbeck tells us about a song in a minor key.
- Kate tells us who won our free cookbooks and we have new books to give away.
- Robert Wegner is in the Kitchen Korner with a dessert recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran has some recipes.
- Linda Bennett sent in a recipe for stuffed pork chops.
- Diane Motchuk with a meatloaf recipe.
- Duncan Holmes sent us: "Why Minding our Manners Matters."
- Darrin Whitmore has a story to share.
- Spotlight on Horizons for the Blind.
- From National Braille Press: "Computers you can Talk too."
and "Interrupting Chicken."
- Tammie Snyder with information about "Drawing with Your Perkins Braille Writer" and wonders if there are any similar books.
- "Michigan Legalizes Consumer Sales of Self-driving Vehicles."
- U.S. Access Board has Issued new Accessibility Standards for Medical Diagostic Equipment.
- Janet Didsbury would like to know more about the Kindle.
- Dr. Seuss pays us a visit.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Calvin Coolidge, the Quiet President." (DB 31107)
- Katie Frederick sent information about "Dozen: The Best of Breath and Shadow."
- Marg Schmitz talks her weird Christmas.
- "Why do our Recorded Voices Sound Weird to us?"
- Tom Lykins comments on old-time-radio and is looking for a recording.
- Adrijana Prokopenko sent in information about a "Blind Ambition" worldwide competition.
- Bob Rite comments on testing blood sugar.
- George Gray on the word copasetic.
- E. Z. Cleghorn about safety issues while teaching.
- Gayle Adams on old-time-radio.
- Christine Chaikin is looking for a talking coin jar.
- Alice Fields wonders about using a walker.
- Tom Kaufman sent in: "What is it like to Date While Blind?"
- John Schief has the jumble answer and Brad Barrows with a jumble.
- Duncan Holmes about changes in his tour schedule and he improvises around braille.
- Chester Carnes has a case for a braille writer for sale.
- Leslie Miller comments on reading braille calendars and braille bills.
- Jeanne Corcoran on braille.
- John Wesley Smith concerning braille.
- Sharon Strzalkowski wants to know more about a couple of phones and would like ideas for reaching Verizon.
- Richard Hardy tells us about his new cell phone.
- E. Z. Cleghorn talks about using technology.
- Dean Martineau offers to record audio from the Internet and tells us about programs you can use to record audio from your computer.
- Are you looking for an accessible way to convert DVD video to audio files?
- Toni Eames sent in: "Dog Versus Human on Valentine's Day."