Table of contents April 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Spike Jones with "April Showers."
- From Linda Bennett: The poem "April."
- From Lyn Hunt: We hear about The Ohio State School for the Blind reunion.
- From NLS "Survey on the Talking Book and Braille Program."
- Paul B. Smith tells us about the meeting of the Mid Atlantic Blind Bull Riders Association.
- Tom Kaufman with some riddles throughout the issue.
- Mike Lantz on hearing aids.
- Doug Hudson likes his new hearing aids.
- Tom Kaufman sent in information about the new Perkins Smart Brailler.
- Rita Tester would like to know more about satellite TV and a cell phone.
- Ed Fedush sent in an article about using cell phones in public.
- Henry Furtak with a joke.
- We have the answer for the March jumble from Brad Barrows and others and Irwin has a new jumble.
- We have April birthdays.
- We hear a report about a man who is blind being banned from running at a gym.
- Faith Helps Kidney Recipient Honor his Donor.
- Peggy Covey on NLS narrators.
- From John W. Smith: "How to find Contact Information for NLS Narrator John Haag."
- Robert Wegner on the Unified English Braille Code.
- Kate has a Raffle update.
- We have a joke from Rollie Hudson.
- Henry Furtak with some piano music from Ed Fedush.
- Thanks to the Bexley Lions for their support.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "Hernando's Hideaway."
- Robert Wegner shares a couple of recipes.
- Arlene Hebert with easy desert recipes.
- Deb Caldbeck would like to know what to do with frozen rhubarb and cranberries.
- Kate has an update on our new cookbook.
- Jeanne Corcoran wonders how many NLS cassette books will be transferred to digital; recommends some books and shares several desert recipes.
- "Doctors Say Offices not Equipped for Disabled."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Gerry Gabrielli has the Tennessee Waltz.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Twice Buried."
- Exploring Accessible Publishing for the Print Disabled.
- An excerpt from CSPAN concerning the book "The 100 Greatest Americans of the Twentieth Century."
- John W. Smith reviews the Blocklite.
- From Deborah Kendrick: "Disability Simulations just a Starting Place."
- Amy Phillippi reads "Casey at the Bat."
- From AFB: "Accessible Programming just Got Easier."
- Duncan Holmes has funny events from a concert.
- From Doug Hudson: "Can you Unfold a Rose Bud?"
- We have part one of Jack Benny's Golden Memories of Radio.
- Rollie Hudson shares a joke.
- Marilyn Smith tells us about fragrances from Scentsy.
- Linda Brown tells us about her new Braille Candles.
- Loretta Palermo with a couple of stories for April.
- Carrie Hooper tells us that Jon German passed away.
- We learn that James Corrigan passed away.
- Success at Last from Ann Chiappetta.
- Paul B. Smith shares the answer to the last trivia question and has a new question.
- Patty Silver on quiet cars.
- We take an Advanced Biology class.
- From Bill Lewis and Marianne Daley: "Website will Convert PDF and Send Back."
- From The Wall Street Journal: "When it comes to Hiring, Blind Workers Face Bias."
- Tom Lykins would like to know about TV stations that stream their news on the Internet.
- Information you Need to Order Talking Prescription Labels from Walmart.
- Gerry Gabrielli brings the April issue to a close.