Table of contents April 2014.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- John Wesley Smith sent in the song "Who Stole my Underwear."
- Linda Bennett with the poem "April."
- Barb Frazier has a joke.
- Linda Vos is looking for a tutorial.
- Irwin has a saying from a t-shirt.
- CVS Pharmacy is now providing talking prescription labels.
- Rosetta Brown introduces herself and would like more information about publishing a book of poetry.
- Alice Crespo tells us about her new book.
- George Gray with jokes throughout the issue.
- Gayle Adams tells us about her new book.
- We have April birthdays.
- Irwin has a story to tell.
- Richard Brock is looking for empty 7-inch tape reels.
- Justice Department Enters Consent Decree with National Tax Preparer H&R Block.
- Catie Mangrum with a couple of jokes in the issue.
- "Listen to ACB Radio on your Phone."
- Nancy Levy would like to hear about your experiences with alarm systems.
- Tom Anderson has two cassette books to give away.
- Mimi Winer concerning writing checks on the computer.
- From Ed Fedush: "When Life was Really Fun."
- Loretta Palermo with a couple of jokes.
- From Second Sense: we learn about audio description,
Blind Sport Podcast,
music apps, the Snow Video Magnifier, and The Selective Doctor repairs braille writers.
- Ed Fedush with a joke.
- Rollie Hudson shares a song he wrote.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax works with a song about Barney Google.
- Kate has an update on our cookbook and shares a couple of recipes that folks sent in.
- Robert Wegner with a salad recipe.
- Diane Motchuk has a microwave recipe.
- Kathy Pritchard is looking for a couple of recipes.
- Jeanne Corcoran on learning braille and brings us some recipes.
- ACB Braille Forum and ACB Reports are now available as podcasts.
- Rita Tester would like more information about talking color identifiers; wants help with Clear View Reader; would like braille or audio lessons and wants more information on Clear TV.
- "Blind Man to Drive Motorcycle at Thunder in the Valley Air Show."
- John Correia has a novelty tune and would like correspondence.
- Lucille Caruso with a parody.
- We learn about a new Digital Talking Book accessory cable.
- Robert Hassler on Dymo Tape and has a couple of jokes.
- From Ed Fedush: "Walking on the Grass."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Jan Blatz sends in "Sweet Simplicity."
- Kate has a Raffle update and tells us about some free braille cookbooks.
- Nancy Scott with the poem "Blame Radio Times and Poetry Month."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Merle's Door: Lessons from a Free Thinking Dog." (DB 65346)
- From Deborah Kendrick: "First Responders Need Help to Deal with people with Disabilities."
- Joan Andrews about NLS magazines and books; has a Wake family update and tells us about a visit to the dentist.
- NLS Collection Development Advisory Group Update.
- Toni Eames sent us an article about a guide cat.
- We have "Guide Cats for the Blind."
- Social Security's Creation of the New Center for Section 504 Compliance."
- "Rules of Unified English Braille" are available.
- Duncan Holmes sent in "The Big Draft."
- We hear about The Big Broadcast.
- Duncan Holmes tells us about his new CD and we hear a sample.
- Diane Motchuk has an article about her guide dog.
- Getting Started with the Iphone and IOS 7.
- We received word that Robert Self and James Moore passed away.
- Jeanie Meador needs a braille calendar and is trying to find a friend.
- Linda Brown says she had a heart attack.
- Victor Schmidt updates us on his prostate cancer and has a joke.
- Sandy Warren has the jumble answer and Brad Barrows has a new one.
- We welcome new Life members.
- Gloria Rathbone would like correspondence and wonders if there are still any tape recording clubs.
- Linda Bennett with a joke.
- Pat Keating on flossing teeth.
- Gary Sivak has a joke.
- Ed Fedush sends in a Piano Adventure.