Table of contents May 2017.
- Henry Furtak with "The Stars and Stripes Forever."
- From Linda Bennett: "Happy Mother's Day."
- We have a correction for the model of the cordless phone discussed in March.
- Camille Petrecca is having trouble connecting to Youtube.
- Victor Schmidt tells us about an oldies station.
- Ginger Harms reviews a digital recorder.
- We learn how to increase the internal memory on your Second Generation Victor Stream.
- Jane McIver has a phone number for those who use the Echo family of products.
- We have May birthdays.
- Irwin talks about computer problems at Newsreel.
- Jeanie Meador is looking for a talking Caller ID.
- We learn about The Described and Captioned Media Program.
- E. Z. Cleghorn tells us that Netflix is accessible with audio description.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Apple to Test Self-driving Cars."
- Debra Saylor and Tim Hendel comment on braille music.
- Abbie Taylor discusses braille music; switching from a PC to a Mac and comments on what portable devices we use.
- E. Z. Cleghorn comments on using the Mac.
- We have a selection from Gerry Gabrielli from May 2003.
- We announce the cookbook winners in April and have some cookbooks to pass along in May.
- Robert Wegner will not have an article this month.
- Jan Blatz with some recipes.
- Diane Motchuk has a pie recipe.
- Kate shares a recipe from our cookbook.
- Jeanne Corcoran with some recipes.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Plenty of Tasty Foods are good for the Heart."
- From NBP: "Fast and Fresh Salads."
- Irwin has a plate for the HB talking microwave if you need one.
- We hear about a history teacher who is blind.
- Pastor Philip Jackson is looking for a clock and has questions about preserving vegetables.
- ACB Welcomes Re-introduction of Medicare Demonstration Bill."
- We learn that Bob Mahoney passed away.
- Several Newsreelers called to let us know that Ed Fedush passed away.
- From Ed Fedush: Senility Saves the Day.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- We have a song from Brad Barrows.
- From Nancy Scott: "The Pledge."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Unspeakable" (DB 46685 and "The Day of the Triffids" (DB 33690).
- Kate has a Raffle update.
- Marianne Daley sent in: Cure me, no Thanks!
- Jalil Mortazavi's book "From Iran to America" DBC 11418 is now available on BARD.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Blind Man Seeks to Expand Services for Vision Impaired."
- Tom Lykins has an addendum to the Solar Bible article.
- "Blind Advocate Partners with University of Michigan for New Braille Signs on Campus."
- From NBP: "No Barriers: "A Blind Man's Journey to Kayak the Grand Canyon."
- Sherry Bicknell is looking for a Talking Time I case.
- From Linda Bennett: "The Voice of the Unknown Soldier."
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Vito Muraglia has two braille slates to sell.
- "Blind New Jersey Piano Prodigy Draws Comparisons to Stevie Wonder."
- Mike Lantz has a dating question.
- From NBP: a redesigned technology page,
and resources for Outlook, Android, Mac and the i-phone.
- We have the obituary for Carol Warren.
- We found out who sent in "When Tillie Ate the Chili."
- From Jane McIver: "National Federation of the Blind Applauds Introduction of Access Technology Affordability Act."
- We welcome a new Newsreel member.
- Nancy Levy on computers.
- Betty LaGrange sent in hurricane names for 2017.
- Jeri Williams has a source for the case for the NLS Digital Player.
- "Our Good Dog Story" from Ann Chiappetta.
- Norene Trappa on Dymo Tape.
- Irwin tells you about a Consumer Reports article on Self-Driving vehicles.
- Diana Burkhardt with the jumble answer and Irwin has a new jumble.
- We share "Changing of the Guard Ritual."