Table of contents May 2018.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Duncan Holmes sent in: "He's not just a Soldier."
- From Linda Bennett: "Men of Courage."
- Ginger Harms wonders about rebuilding a battery for the Bookport Plus and wants to know more about a digital recorder from Speak-to-me.
- Kate has an update on our 60th anniversary cookbook.
- Tim Hendel comments on the April issue.
- We have May birthdays.
- Sharon Strzalkowski tells us about a podcast she likes.
- Bob Branco has a friend who is in need of a computer.
- Leo Schecter would like a cassette recorder.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Ohio Requires Accessible Absentee Ballots for the Blind."
- Charles Dickens has memories of Newsreel.
- Jalil Mortazavi would like you to do a short review of his new book.
- Kate welcomes three new subscribers and two new Life members.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Risk of Falling for a Medicare Card Replacement Scam.
- Beth Hunter is in need of an accessible carbon monoxide detector.
- Linda O'neal has the jumble answer and Eva Elfassy has a new one.
- Richard Hardy demonstrates the ScripTalk.
- Ernie Breece tells us of the passing of Newsreeler Dessie Page.
- Kenneth Chrane says that Sue Ameter has passed away and Ken is looking for someone.
- "Kayaker Afloat."
- Gerry Gabrielli has a recording from 1936.
- Kate tells you who won our free books in April; what we have to give away in May and she says thanks.
- Robert Wegner has a recipe for fried spinach.
- From Linda Bennett: "Mother's Cookbook."
- Jeanne Corcoran shares some recipes.
- Ruthie Wagoner has a recipe.
- Kate with a recipe for Crispy Rice Treats.
- Kishia Mason has a recipe.
- From Linda Bennett: "Mother's Recipe."
- Philip Jackson is looking for an apartment complex for the blind; tells us how he got started with Newsreel and comments on a jack on a cassette recorder.
- Irwin has a note concerning Discover Card and braille.
- Bojane Heap reads: "The Diner with a Braille Menu."
- From Doug Hudson: New List on Cooking with Small Appliances.
- Garnet Claypool is in need of a braille pattern of a church.
- Grady Ebert is looking for someone and tells how he got started with Newsreel.
- Diane Motchuk tells us about labels; a clinical thermometer and other items available from The Braille Superstore.
- Repair Shop Integral Part of Competition at Paralympics.
- Tom Lykins would like a song and comments on what type of OTR he enjoys.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Laurie Pettis with "Jesus Would you Come by Here?"
- Kate has a Raffle update.
- Nancy Scott with "Glass Memories."
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Driverless Cars could be Boon for Blind."
- Joan Andrews talks about self-driving cars.
- Blind and Visually Impaired Adults Get Lots of TV Time, but Awareness of Assistive Tools Remains Low.
- Duncan Holmes comments on braille music.
- Al Daniels sent in an article about braille music.
- Bob Riibe on memories of his wedding and discusses keeping sidewalks clean and in good repair.
- Doug Hudson about Sermons on the Phone and discusses walking in the middle of the road.
- Alice Fields on sound effects and appreciates the support from Newsreelers.
- Lucille Caruso has a few sound effects.
- From Lucille Caruso: "We are the Robots."
- From May 1987: Stan Doran discusses a guide dog user and a cane user walking together; Toni and Ed Eames talk about accessible transportation and streets in Japan and they visit a zoo.
- Kate talks to Stephen Kuusisto about his new book "Have Dog will Travel."
- E. Z. Cleghorn on using an i-pad; getting a refurbished computer
and sending e-mail.
- Julie Piper on a laptop computer or an i-pad.
- Abbie Taylor with "Technology and Marriage."
- We have news from Blindfold Games about adding braille support.
- From Ann Chiappetta: "Reaching out."
- Xavier Society for the Blind announces that Roland Hudson has joined its advisory group.