Table of contents June 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak with "The Stars and Stripes Forever."
- From Linda Bennett: "Knee Deep in June."
- Duncan Holmes is looking for some old recordings.
- Marylou Longmore has the May jumble answer.
- Irwin has a new jumble for June.
- Adrijana Prokopenko tells us about a group for blind educators.
- Enrique Domenech would like help with the Arabic alphabet in braille; tells us where to find braille Korans and needs help downloading books and magazines.
- Tim Hendel has information about Voice on the Go.
- Kate has an update on the new Newsreel cookbook.
- Jeanie Meador on the shingles.
- We have June birthdays.
- Paul B. Smith would like to know if anyone is attending Beacon Lodge camp and wonders about starting a Newsreel chat group.
- We invite you to tour the Newsreel this summer during the national ACB Conference and Convention.
- From Tom Kaufman an article about "Braille Designs."
- David Patch on bee keeping.
- Ed Snively tells us about buying a new washing machine.
- "Inventors Vision Helps Blind to See."
- Linda Brown about her kidney disease.
- From Ed Fedush: "Why Men are Never Depressed."
- Nancy Levy wants to hear the song Mr. Bojangles.
- We have "Mr. Bojangles."
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "It's a Long Way to Berlin, but We'll Get There!"
- Linda Bennett with "He has Achieved Success."
- Robert Wegner discusses summer produce.
- Marilyn Smith has muffin recipes.
- Jeanne Corcoran talks about 1960s bands; has more information about the talking clock she mentioned in May and shares some recipes.
- Laurie Pettis has a cookie recipe.
- Diane Motchuk on exploding glass.
- Pastor P. W. Jackson would like suggestions for mailing braille material.
- Lucille Burkhardt with a song.
- From Ed Fedush: "Aphorisms for the Year."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Catie Mangrum sends in a song.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Jimmy Stewart: Bomber Pilot." (DB 60563)
- Nancy Scott with an essay called "I Would Never do that!"
- Retired Health Message.
- "A Haven for the Deaf Draws Federal Scrutiny Over Potential Discrimination."
- We have a commentary from Deborah Kendrick.
- Tim Hendel talks with Ruth Hartman who is a new Newsreel member.
- We hear about the top ten companies for people with disabilities.
- Ed Fedush with some plays on words.
- We have part three of Jack Benny's Golden Memories of Radio.
2. The American Veterinary Dental College is offering free dental exams for service dogs.
- Abbie Taylor tells us about the latest issue of Magnets and Ladders.
- Linda O'neal sends in a cat poem.
- Paul B. Smith has the answer for the April trivia question and a new one for June.
- Claude Long discusses braille.
- Marg Campbell has information on getting material in braille.
- Joan Andrews on mobility and shares a source for braille material.
- Al Zubillaga is looking for cassette labels and a friend would like an Optacon.
- NLS Collection Development Advisory Group Meeting Summary.
- Tom Kaufman with "DOJ May Apply ADA Accessibility Guidelines to Websites."