Table of contents June 2014.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- In Honor of Flag Day.
- We have some 2014 braille calendars to give away.
- Leslie Miller talks about short wave radio.
- Adrijana Prokopenko tells us about a new magazine via E-mail.
- Vicki Ratcliffe tells us about Blind Access Training
and getting help in restaurants.
- Marianne Daley talks about upgrading to Windows 7 and is looking for help with OCR software.
- Victor Schmidt tells of the passing of Maurice Boyd.
- We have June birthdays.
- Vicki Ireland introduces herself and tells us more about her new CD.
- "Communications Help Blind Ski Students Get a new Lease on Life."
- We hear about plans for free currency readers.
- Tom Lykins talks about grilling out.
- From the June issue of Second Sense: we hear about Odin Mobile phones,
we learn about Oral Hull Adventure Camps,
and the FCC has information about Video Description on their website.
- Robert Hassler has a funny story to share.
- We take a listen to activities at Newsreel on Mail-out Day.
- Kate has a Raffle update.
- John McCune has questions about Scriptalk.
- We have the 2014 hurricane names.
- Delta Gamma Foundation underwriting announcement.
- Tom D'Agostino with "Lost in the Stars" in The Wax Works.
- Kate has an update on our cookbook sale; an addition to a recipe and the free braille cookbooks we have to give away.
- Robert Wegner talks about cooking mexican rice.
- Alice Massa updates us on Home Readers.
- Jeanne Corcoran comments on Home Readers; where to find a weather radio and shares some recipes.
- We learn about Monthly Discussions on Low Vision.
- Mike Blanck on blindness and technology and needs help marking an oven.
- Diane Motchuk about a C-crane Pocket Radio
and tells us about another accident that Abbie had.
- New EMS and Service Dog's Reference Guide.
- From Garnet Claypool "Whistling in the Dark" by They Might be Giants.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Catie Mangrum with Ray Stephens on taxes.
- A father's gift.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Every Soul a Star." (DB 68438)
- Deborah Kendrick with "Emergency Response should be the Same in All Cases."
- "Behind Our Eyes: A Second Look" is now available from NLS.
- Abbie Taylor tells us about the latest issue of Magnets and Ladders and reads a poem she wrote.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Pet Peeves of the Blind and Visually Impaired."
- Mike Lantz about a new venture and is looking for some songs.
- Gayle Adams has the jumble answer.
- Brad Barrows has a jumble.
- Pat Munson talks about the 2014 NFB of New Mexico State Convention and comments on suburbia.
- From Ed Fedush: "The Will."
- Thanks to the C. W. and Marjorie J. Schrenk Family Foundation for their support.
- Tim Hendel and Carrie Hooper have fun with place names.
- We welcome new Newsreel members and congratulate a new Life member.
- Vito Muraglia tells us about an MP3 player and has OTR CDS for sale.
- Paul Sullivan has a Jumbo Braille Writer to sell.
- Towson Technology Aims to Help the Blind.
- Bojane Heap talks about being around sighted people and getting help in restaurants.
- Pam Spurlock on getting help in restaurants.
- Joan Andrews on eye color and the cause of her blindness.
- Tammie Snyder is looking for some phone numbers and talks about the cause of her blindness.
- Madeen Ballentine about what caused her blindness.
- Gloria Rathbone on the cause of her blindness.
- We have Important Information about Braille Certification.
- Sue Bandos is looking for British Wallet mailers.
- Irwin would like to encourage you to send in an article.
- Arthur Wilson has a new address.
- From Linda Bennett: "Life's Little Things."
- From AAPD: news about raising the Minimum Wage for some workers with disabilities.
- From Ed Fedush: "Don't Think He Got It."