Table of contents June 2015.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Deb Caldbeck sent in "The Happy Song."
- We have the poem "June Gardens."
- Christine Chaikin with a correction for the Vista Store phone number.
- We remember Helen Keller.
- Abbie Taylor tells us about the latest issue of Magnets and Ladders and she reads a poem.
- Russell Carrick sends a link where you can find out what song was number one the day you were born.
- Tim Hendel has a tribute to Don League.
- We have June birthdays.
- "Self Driving Cars in Eleven Mishaps, Google Says."
- We welcome new members to the Newsreel family.
- Marie Rudys introduces herself; plays a song and would like correspondence.
- Dana Ard discusses technology; i devices; tells us about a great experience; discusses facial expressions and has some cassettes to give away.
- Beth Terranova talks about interactions with sighted people.
- Irwin has the answer for the May jumble and a new jumble for June.
- "Knit and Chrochet Guidelines now Live on BANA Website."
- We hear a "Sixty Second Science" podcast about possible future white canes.
- Here is a song that should make us laugh sent in by Duncan Holmes.
- Tom D'Agostino in the Wax Works with "Civilization."
- Kate tells you about our free braille cookbooks.
- Robert Wegner has a correction to last month's recipe and shares a pumpkin dessert.
- Jeanne Corcoran with a tip for taking large pills and shares some recipes.
- Joan Andrews on brailling a recipe and comments on pre-college orientation.
- From The Washington Post: "Courting Carless Millennials, Suburbs Turn to Mass Transit."
- Jan Blatz talks about tactile markings for her new stove.
- Doylestown Woman Turns Business into Opportunity.
- We hear about an NVDA keynote address.
- Duncan Holmes has "Danny Kaye, The Nutty Music Professor."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- John Harden sent in a song for Catie Mangrum.
- Kate has a couple of Father's Day quotes.
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Pretty Little Killers" and "The Host." (DB 66719)
- From Deborah Kendrick: "Patronizing Praise Does no Honor to Those with Disabilities."
- We have a Raffle update.
- From National Braille Press: "Braille Spelling Dictionary" in UEB
and "Dog Heaven."
- Netflix ads Audio Description Feature for Vision Impaired Subscribers.
- Pastor P. W. Jackson tells us about "Kids Town."
- Marc Guthrie sent in a short article about John Glenn.
- Marg Schmitz says a song in May brought back memories.
- "FCC Extends Tech Program for Deaf Blind."
- Victor Schmidt has medical updates and discusses taking supplements.
- Richard Brock on a new recorded magazine.
- Irwin has an update on Newsreel subscription prices.
- Duncan Holmes with "Get that Dust off the Bible."
- We have "June is Bustin' out All Over."
- Doug Hudson sent in a story about a war hero.
- From Barbara Corner and Elizabeth Sammons: "Braille Apocalypse."
- Laurie Pettis tells us about a trip and has a couple of songs.
- "Ebola Settled in Doctor's Eye."
- Al Zubillaga is looking for a song; would like some paper cassette labels and we have the song "Deep in the Heart of Texas."
- Mike Lantz on non-24 sleep-wake disorder.
- Ed Fedush sends in some humor.
- We have two tributes to the Flag.
- Catie Mangrum has a song for Father's Day.