Table of contents June 2017.
- 1. Henry Furtak with some organ music.
- From Linda Bennett: "The Flag Goes By."
- Patty Silver on a source for labeling tape.
- Kate would like your suggestions for increasing Newsreel membership.
- Ginger Harms tells us that the Bookport Plus is no longer being manufactured.
- From Katie Frederick: "Window-Eyes to JAWS Migration.
- Irwin tells you about a couple of magazine articles you might want to check out.
- Bojane Heap about what she takes on a trip.
- Marianne Daley has a source for wholesale dog supplies.
- We tell you about the Newsreel Party at the ACB National Conference and Convention.
- Angela Gatteys has two items that need a good home.
- Tom Lykins needs a lid for a VersaPoint embosser.
- From Marianne Daley: "The Best Consumer Self-advocacy Tool YVe Never Used."
- Tim Hendel and Carrie Hooper talk about what's new in her life.
- From Marianne Daley and Toni Eames: "Deep Thoughts" throughout the issue.
- Christine Chaikin tells about a book titled "Insights into Low Vision."
- AMC Theaters Agrees to Improve Services for the Blind Movie Goers."
- Sandy Furtado is looking for someone who repairs APH recorders.
- We have June birthdays.
- Sharon Holmes sent us a link showing how well known composers might have played "Happy Birthday."
- Gerry Gabrielli has some barbershop music from the June 2003 Newsreel.
- Kate tells us who won the free books in May and we have new items for June.
- Robert Wegner with a Kitchen Korner.
- Jeanne Corcoran on talking devices; scented wax and has some recipes.
- Diane Motchuk with some recipes.
- Marg Schmitz on freezing vegetables.
- From NBP: "Besos for Baby."
- Linda Bennett sent in: "New Self-driving Cars Biggest Challenge May be Human Drivers."
- Lynx Looks to Partner with Uber to Give Rides to Disabled Folks."
- We have quotes from Helen Keller.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- From Linda Bennett: "A Tribute to Dad."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Citizen Soldiers." (DB 45003).
- From Deborah Kendrick: "Self Advocacy in the Health Care System."
- Doug Thibaut is looking for a Bible app.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Seeing AI App Describes the World to Users with Vision Disabilities."
- From Tom Kaufman: "This Tiny Device is a Game Changer for People Facing Blindness."
- Lucille Caruso shares some funny lyrics.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Visually Impaired Voters in British Columbia Given Option to Phone it In."
- Kate with an update on the Friendship Raffle.
- From Katie Frederick: McDonalds Website and Mobile App not Accessible to the Blind."
- Philip Jackson talks about Kids Fun Day.
- Linda O'neal has the jumble answer and Irwin has a new jumble.
- Abbie Taylor comments on upgrading the internal memory on the Victor Stream; reminds us about Magnets and Ladders
and shares a song.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Christine Chaikin tells us about the availability of State Resource Handbooks.
- Kevin Walsh says a friend is in need of a battery for the first generation Stream.
- From Kim Charlson: "Hulu: Audio Description and Screen Reader Access."
- From Toni Eames: "Farewell Latrell."
- Sherry Bicknell had to put her dog down.
- From Ann Chiappetta: "A Weekend to Remember."
- We learned of the passing of two Newsreel members.
- Trish Cleary on dating sighted people.
- We have a membership update.
- Chiko Ogliedo is a new Newsreel member.
- Carol Ashland introduces herself; comments on her birds; braille music; braille displays and cooking.
- Joan Andrews comments on braille and braille music.
- Robert Wegner on changes to braille music.
- From NBP: "Ten Thousand Steps, Cane not Included."
- Casey Wollner has a source for stand-alone Caller ID units.
- "Using BARD Express with BARD Mobile."
- Mimi Winer has had help with her Echo Dot and suggests where you can also get assistance.
- We have more Deep Thoughts.
- From Tom Kaufman and David Goldfield: "Legally Blind Cardinal O'hara Teacher to Get Gift of Sight from Esight Device."
- We hear about a clinical study for people who have LHON.
- Kate needs to know who called about changing Newsreel formats.