Table of contents June 2018.
- From Jane McIver: "New Medicare Cards are in the Mail."
- Karen Marshall comments on the braille Discover card.
- Gary Sivak wonders if Gadgets and More is still in business?
- From Ann Chiappetta: "Driving Blind."
- Diane Motchuk tells us about a new radio she likes.
- From Gary Householder: "TV that Talks."
- Padgett McKenzie has a complaint about Apple and would like help in getting books from Audible.
- Ralph Martinez is looking for help downloading using Microsoft Edge.
- Pat Wise would like some help in making Windows 10 more user friendly?
- Robo Calls Flooding your Cell Phone? Here's how to Stop them!
- Alice Massa reminds you about our 60th Anniversary and how you can help.
- Start Up to Roll out Robot Vans.
- We have June birthdays.
- Kate has quotes from Helen Keller.
- "Five Things to do when Anxiety has a Hold of You."
- Kenneth Chrane has a recording from The Hadley School in 1960.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Gerry Gabrielli has a duet from the June 2004 Newsreel.
- Kate tells us who won books in May and we have new offerings for June.
- Robert Wegner has a Kitchen Korner with a bean recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran with some recipes.
- Kate has an update on our 60th Anniversary Cookbook.
- Ruth Failor is looking for a recipe.
- Tom Lykins on cooking.
- Rita Tester would like help with her flat-top stove and she is looking for a talking Bible.
- Mike Lantz on the death of radio.
- Ginger Harms on batteries for the talking thermometer.
- NASA Uber Team up to Get Flying Taxis off the Ground.
- Carrie Hooper has a language adventure.
- Ed Snively on Newsreel.
- "What Happens when Robots Sound to Much like Humans?"
- Ginger Harms comments on an earphone and NASCAR schedules available from the Perkins Library.
- Stuart and Lois Swartz have the song Tom Lykins wanted.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Laurie Pettis has a song in honor of Father's Day.
- Kate talks about the Friendship Raffle.
- US Prosecutors Sue to Shut Down Clinic Selling Unproven Stem Cell Treatments.
- Jane McIver reviews the B2G and comments on apartments for the blind.
- Leo Schecter is looking to buy a 2nd Generation Victor Stream.
- "Snakes on a plane: not on American Airlines."
- We have new flyers and brochures to pass along if you would like to talk about Newsreel.
- We learned that Lowell Conley and Rod Gowen have passed away.
- From Tom Kaufman: Marlaina Lieberg passed away.
- John Wesley Smith about his experience with the Microsoft Disability Help Desk.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Teen Creates Device Enabling the Blind to Get Around Better, Even Get Jobs."
- LaBelle Murtha has the jumble answer and we have a new jumble from Gayle Adams.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Blue Light from Phones Computers could Lead to Eye Problems."
- From Linda Bennett: "Plan for Tomorrow."
- Alice Massa suggested the song "Oh My Papa" for June.
- We have some Louisiana history from the June 1987 Newsreel.
- George Gray has cassettes to sell.
- Alice Crespo is selling her new book.
- Jake Miller is making items to sell and tells us about his history with Newsreel.
- John Wesley Smith says a friend has a Handi-Cassette recorder for sale.
- Diane Motchuk about a braille slate.
- We hear about JAWS training.
- Richard McKinley on braille screen input on i-devices.
- From Marianne Daley: "The Doctor who Really Feels his Patients' Pain."
- Abbie Taylor tells us about the latest edition of Magnets and Ladders
and she shares a poem.
- Nancy Levy on dealing with the loss of sight.
- E. Z. Cleghorn on ways to get books; would like to know what you remember about reading when you were growing up and he got a new talking clock.
- Trish Cleary would like to hear some crazy cat stories.
- We meet Simba sent in by Duncan Holmes.
- Marianne Daley sent in sounds of some howling Lynx.
- Alice Massa sent in a link to the song "Father's and Daughters."