Table of contents July 2014.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak with "This Land is Your Land."
- Linda Bennett with the poem "Fourth of July Celebrations."
- Jane McIver sent in a corrected phone number for information on the Oral Hull Camp.
- April Brown would like correspondence.
- Marianne Daley reports on OCR programs and is seeking your advice with Audible.
- Freedom Scientific Announces JAWS Training Bundle.
- Tom Lykins says that Freedom Scientific no longer repairs Blazie products and tells us that a friend may be able to replace batteries in your Blazie products.
- Amy Phillippi is looking for headphones and needs help with Free Tapin Radio.
- Victor Schmidt on pet peeves.
- Reviews for Accessible Quick Books are in.
- Duncan Holmes has tributes to several folks who have passed away recently.
- Rosemary Goodrich tells of the passing of her guide dog.
- Marg Schmitz says her previous guide dog has retired and she tells us about her new dog.
- We have July Birthdays.
- Ed Snively and others have the answer for the June jumble.
- Bob Prahin sends in the song "My Favorite Things."
- Delta Gamma Foundation underwriting announcement.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "I'm Dreaming of you."
- Kate has an update on our cookbook; tells us about a recipe; let's us know who received the free cookbooks in June and has two more to pass along for July.
- Robert Wegner on baking pork chops.
- Jeanne Corcoran tells us about a large bag to carry braille books and shares some recipes.
- Diane Motchuk has a recipe.
- Randi Shelton sends in uses for Dawn Detergent.
- Lisa Burkhardt says that Ruby Tuesdays has braille menus.
- Mike Bruno sends in an article about sauerkraut.
- Gayle Adams has a new jumble.
- Kate reports on the passing of several Newsreelers; we welcome new Life members and some other new Newsreel members.
- We have The Buckeye State March.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Whistling in the Dark by Jack Carroll from 1956.
- Linda Bennett sends in a poem.
- Nancy Scott with an essay called "Tractor is my Favorite Truck."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Executive Orders: a Jack Ryan Novel." (DB 43316)
- Learn how to send appreciative comments to NLS narrators.
- Abbie Taylor tells us about her upcoming book and reads a selection.
- From NLS: "Windows 8 for Seniors for Dummies" is available.
- Carrie Thould introduces herself and would like correspondence.
- Mike Lantz tells about playing golf.
- We have information about The United States Blind Golf Association.
- From The July Second Sense: we hear about an audio dart game,
back yard grilling basics,
are you looking for a new home?
and we hear about "Teaching Iphone and Ipad Basics to Seniors with Vision Loss."
- We learn about the Walgreen's Talking Pill Reminder.
- From NBP: An IOS7 Reference Card for Iphone, Ipad and Ipod Touch;
Learn to use the Mac with Voice-over;
and Healthy Frozen Meals: Cooking Directions and Nutritional Values.
- Ed Fedush with a joke.
- Al Daniels sent in the song "Never My Love."
- Thanks to the C. W. and Marjorie J. Schrenk Family Foundation for their support.
- We hear an article about self-driving cars.
- John Wesley Smith is selling a Wilson digital recorder.
- Duncan Holmes has a VHS movie to sell and talks about his upcoming tours.
- From Ed Fedush: "The Amazing Human Body."
- Amy Phillippi demonstrates Word Builder.
- We have some support group resources: The Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired,
Blinded Veterans Association,
Council of Citizens with Low Vision Inc.,
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children,
Leber's Congenital Amaurosis Egroup,
Jewish Guild Health Care,
and Macular Degeneration Partnership.
- Ed Fedush sent in a biology test.