Table of contents July 2017.
- Darrin Whitmore with the song "Rolling Thunder."
- From Linda Bennett: "Fourth of July Celebrations."
- Marianne Daley is looking for people who do crafts involving looms.
- Patty Silver with more on labeling tape.
- Robert Wegner says that American Thermoform has braille labels.
- Mimi Winer tells us that APH has clear labels.
- From Doug Hudson: "Seedlings Adds Three New Titles in UEB to It's Big Kid Book Collection."
- Shelley Johns tells us about "Cards that Talk."
- John Wesley Smith on migrating from Window-Eyes to JAWS; using NVDA and tells us about a digital recorder.
- From Lee Tucker we have resources to help you switch from WindowEyes.
- We have July birthdays.
- Mike Lantz on relationships; is learning to use the iphone and talks about radio stations.
- E. Z. Cleghorn discusses radio station WSM.
- "The Americans with Disabilities Act is under Attack in Congress."
- Laurie Pettis shares a song.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Gerry Gabrielli from the July 2003 Newsreel.
- Kate has an update on our give-aways.
- Robert Wegner has a barbecue sauce recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran with some recipes.
- Diane Motchuk talks about a cake recipe and suggests some frosting.
- Kate has an update on the Friendship Raffle.
- Ellen Flourie has information about Joni and Friends.
- Duncan Holmes sent in a brief interview by Joni Earickson Tada.
- Hap Holly sends in advice on dealing with Phishing Scams.
- We have Bits and Bytes from The Summer 2017 Ohio Connection including: Free Ipads for Students; Stsretch your Dollars;
Link Reading App for Android;
AFB'S Health Insurance Navigator;
Getting Started Kit for Those New to Vision Loss;
Understanding the FMLA;
Low Cost Computing;
and Do you Qualify for Benefits?
- Tom Lykins cannot play the "through the Bible" series on his NLS digital player and reports on his braille embosser.
- Kate says thanks for your suggestions on increasing membership.
- Chiko Dinaka tells us about Philmore Productions and Net-by-Phone.
- Diane Motchuk tells us about "Inspired by the Bible Experience."
- We have one braille 2017 calendar remaining.
- From Duncan Holmes: "Say a Prayer for the Boys Over There."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Henry Furtak with "When I Came Unto this Land."
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "The QB: My Life Behind the Spiral." (DB 87062)
- From Nancy Scott: "Being Gorgeous."
- "Air BNB Hosts more Likely to Reject the Disabled a Study Finds."
- From Katie Frederick: "New Tool Allows Deaf-Blind people to Independently Watch TV."
- "How do Visually Impaired Swimmers know where their Opponents are?"
- Joan Andrews tells us about "Behind Our Eyes" in braille.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Bronze Braille American Flag Helps Visually Impaired Veterans to Connect to Their Service."
- From Marianne Daley: "Are Pets the New Probiotic?"
- Jane McIver with The National Federation of the Blind Files an ADA Lawsuit.
- We have more thoughts from Stephen Wright.
- Richard Hardy sends in a song.
- Bob Branco sent in "Branco's Bites."
- From Marianne Daley: "Where the Teacher's Pet Sleeps in a Dog Bed."
- "Lyft said it will work with Driverless Software Company Neutonomy to Develop Fleets of Driverless Vehicles."
- We have the jumble answer for June and a new one for July.
- "People with Disabilities at Risk in Central African Republic."
- We learn about "The Untold Story of the Talking Book." (DB 87099)
- Victor Schmidt and Amy concerning a relationship between a blind man and a sighted woman.
- We have relationship advice from