Table of contents August 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Catie Mangrum has a vacation song from Hawaii.
- From Linda Bennett: "August is a Copper Kettle."
- George Gray reports on Camp Salom.
- Marty Honaker shares information about The Gospel Light Foundation.
- Ruth Failor has information about a book that Victor Schmidt wanted.
- Marianne Daley sends in "Help with Managing Finances for People with Disabilities."
- Carrie Hooper tells us about a chorus she joined and sings a song.
- We have August birthdays.
- Peggy Covey wonders about sending braille overseas.
- We received a braille letter from Posman Chigamba looking for braille material and supplies.
- Ann Chiappetta has an update.
- Jerry Manter is looking for a dog statue.
- Rita Tester wonders about using a "touch screen" copier; is looking for a cookbook and Irwin has a suggestion.
- Christine Chaikin on accessible Iphone Apps.
- From George Gray and Tom Kaufman: "Israeli Startup's Seeing Aid for the Blind Sees Big Demand."
- Mary Ann DeLong has the answer for the July jumble and Irwin has a new one for August.
- "U.S. Access Board Releases Guidance on Access to Prescription Drug Container Labels."
- Nancy Levy would like to find a treadmill.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "Kalamazoo."
- Kate on the Newsreel party; the ACB Convention and our new cookbook.
- Robert Wegner with more about making sauerkraut.
- Rita Tester with some recipes.
- Pat Keating comments on making pork chops.
- Linda Bennett with a pork chop recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran on substituting for cream of mushroom soup; tells us about dried mushrooms and shares some recipes.
- Ed Fedush sent in some useful tips.
- The Ohio Girls sing Carmen Ohio.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Kate Sniderman sent in a summer song.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Last of the Breed."
- John Wesley Smith reviews "Never Let me Go."
- Abbie Taylor tells us about a new book from "Behind Our Eyes" and shares a poem.
- Ed Fedush sends in some riddles.
- Irwin talks with Don Olsen from the National Library Service about what's new.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Non Profits to Employ Disabled in Raising Crops."
- We find out what the Bureau of Printing and Engraving is doing to make currency more accessible.
- "Upcoming Court Decisions."
- We have part five of Jack Benny's Golden Memories of Radio.
- We learn about "The School for Piano Technology for the Blind."
- Ed Fedush sent us a link of a prodigy featured on the Ellen Degeneres show.
- "Weight Watchers Announces Comprehensive Digital and Print Accessibility Initiative."
- Ed Fedush sent in quotes from Yogi Berra.