Table of contents August 2014.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak with "The Bluebird of Happiness."
- Linda Bennett sent in the poem "Late Summer."
- Marg Schmitz reports on the book "A Street Cat Named Bob" and retiring her guide dog.
- We learn about the Blind Matters radio show.
- A message from the Matilda Ziegler Magazine.
- Randi Shelton and many others sent in details about the currency reader from BEP.
- Ginger Harms would like to know more about the Galaxy Core Advanced Phone.
- From Ed Fedush: "Amazon Unveils New Fire Smart Phone with Accessibility Features."
- Barb Fohl wonders about "talking" with your hands and "moving to the music."
- We have August birthdays.
- Amy Phillippi would like to hear from those using the Kindle App for the PC; found some headphones and solved her problem with Tapin Radio.
- "Advocates for Deaf, Blind Pressure Apple for more Accessible Apps."
- Bojane Heap tells us about a vacation.
- Mark your calendars for Camp Salom for 2015.
- Mike Lantz is looking for some OTR; will be going to a convention and would like to find a radio.
- We welcome new members to Newsreel.
- From Ed Fedush: "Punography."
- Garnet Claypool with the song "Three Wooden Crosses."
- Thanks to the C. W. and Marjorie J. Schrenk Family Foundation for their support.
- Tom D'Agostino with "Mammy" in The Wax Works.
- Kate made a couple of cookbook recipes; tells us about free cookbooks and has a final Raffle update.
- Robert Wegner on Sauerkraut; can openers and has a recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran shares some recipes.
- Diane Motchuk comments on her Cream Puff recipe and has one for Scotch Cookies.
- Victor Schmidt sends in an odd recipe.
- From Jane McIver: "Unusual Uses for Deodorant."
- Sandra Warren and others have the answer for the July jumble and Eva Elfassy has a new one for August.
- Lucille Caruso shares a story and a poem.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Long Island Carnival Worker Wouldn't Let Blind Girl on Kiddy Ride Alone: Mom Says."
- Tom Lykins reports on the death of April Stahl.
- We learn that Roger Derbique passed away.
- Freedom Scientific Announced a new website.
- Duncan Holmes plays "Bring Him Home."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- We have the song "In Canada."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety."
- Patty reads the Deborah Kendrick column: "If you Aim as High as you can, Chkes are it will Pay Off."
- From Tom Kaufman and Marianne Daley: "MIT Finger Device Reads to the Blind in Real Time."
- Here's a related article about the MIT Finger Reader.
- From Mickey Prahin "Characteristics of the Blind."
- Eye Care Program a Boon for Senior Citizens.
- P. W. Jackson discusses summer camps.
- We have information about an Educational Video for Emergency Responders on Serving Service Animal Teams.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Novartis Joining with Google to Make a Smart Contact Lens."
- Amy Phillippi sings a song and reads a poem.
- Delta Gamma Foundation underwriting announcement.
- Tom Kaufman with "The Orange Blossom Special."
- Save Fifty Dollars on the New Victor Stream.
- Mastering a Collision Course Called Home.
- Patty reads: "Poetry in Commotion."
- Blind Mice Mart offers Ambutech Canes and accessories as well as cane holders and a talking compass.
- "Dole, Slumped but Sharp, Returns to Senate to Push Disabilities Treaty."
- From All Things Considered: "Gurrumul an unlikely international star reaches the US."
- Ed Fedush shares Start your day with a Smile.