Table of contents August 2015.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Linda Bennett has the poem "August."
- Harold Bradley is looking for a GE Superadio II.
- Orcam Now Available in the U.S.
- Linda Webb has riddles throughout the issue.
- Jean LaGrange is looking for APH mailers.
- "Blind Hikers Cross Mountain Range in France Using Experimental Smart Phone App."
- Joan Andrews recommends a place to get your braille writer repaired.
- We have August birthdays.
- Mike Lantz on the National Radio Convention and is looking for books on radio.
- Jane McIver sent in an article about digital reading glasses.
- Nancy Levy tells us that she has retired her guide dog.
- From Ann Chiappetta: "Memories and More."
- We hear about Carrie Zubillaga's new guide dog.
- "No Settlement Reached in the Blind Student's Lawsuit Against Miami University."
- Victor Schmidt has a health update and comments on motivation.
- We have information on the APH Talking Clock.
- Marilyn Kirchner has an update on her life and her stem cell surgery.
- From marianne Daley: "Emerging Technologies: An Update on the Finger Reader."
- Duncan Holmes sent in a classic cartoon clip.
- Tom D'Agostino has The Cowboy's Dream in The Wax Works.
- We have two cassette and one braille cookbook to give away.
- Robert Wegner comments on last month's chicken recipe; shares a recipe and would like to hear about your cooking experiences.
- Marie Rudys comments on July's chicken recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran with crockpot recipes.
- We join the Newsreel Party at the national ACB convention.
- From Marianne Daley: "The Evidence Points to a Better Way to fight Insomnia."
- We have the word of the passing of a couple of Newsreel members and we welcome new Newsreelers.
- "Comments from Comcast Regarding Voice-guide."
- From Jane McIver: "It's All About That Braille."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Kate has some summer quotes throughout the issue.
- "Those with Disabilities Don't Need a Cure to be Whole."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Born to run." (DB 69472)
- From Marianne Daley: "Blind Visitors can Touch Masterpieces."
- "My Journey as a Legally Blind Pro Photographer."
- Carrie Hooper joins Tim Hendel with some of her poetry and she talks about a writing group for women.
- "Blitab: World's First Tactile Tablet is Ipad for the Blind."
- Duncan Holmes has some cassette albums to pass along.
- Duncan Holmes with a patriotic selection.
- Katie Frederick sent us: "Uber: Disability Laws Don't Apply to us."
- Tom Lykins is looking for a braille writer and some hymnals.
- We hear about a dual cassette deck, a cassette deck with turntable and CD recorder and a cassette deck with CD recorder.
- Duncan Holmes says a friend has some items to give away and Duncan tells us about his upcoming tour.
- "Jim Stovall's Work Brings Television to Blind Visually Impaired."
- Jim Bemiller introduces himself and tells us about a trip he took.
- We have the answer for the July jumble and Irwin has a new one for August.
- Word Smithing sent in by Ed Fedush.