Table of contents August 2016.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Linda Bennett with "August Woodlands."
- Tom Lykins on cassette recorders.
- Charlotte Bicknell is looking for a Spartus clock.
- Al Zubillaga on MP3 CD players and is looking for Gospel music.
- Janet Didsbury would like back issues of Braille Book Review and is looking for a talking scale.
- Ginger Harms on braille slates.
- We have August birthdays and we are looking for someone.
- Duncan Holmes concerning blindness; had a big birthday and tells us about his upcoming tour.
- Cheryl Morgan has a friend who is looking for correspondence.
- Google and Tesla Agree that Autonomous Vehicles will Make Streets Safer and Both are Racing Toward a Driverless Future."
- Mike Lantz is looking for some music and comments on blindness.
- Marie Rudys on the Illinois Sight Saving school song or the lack thereof and is looking for a story.
- We have the answer for the July jumble and Brad Barrows has a new jumble.
- We have Tim Hawkins Parody of old rock stars.
- Gerry Gabrielli shares recordings from his grandchildren.
- Kate tells us who won the free cookbooks last month; tells us what we have to pass along this month and reminds us about The Kitchen Korner cookbook.
- Robert Wegner is in the Kitchen Korner on the taste of food.
- Diane Motchuk with a recipe.
- Camille Petrecca talks about a mac and cheese recipe; shares a recipe and needs help downloading bookf from The Xavier Society.
- Philip Jackson wants ideas on saving fresh vegetables; organizing and marking freezer items; would like comparisons of the Stream and the Bookport; has a hint for diabetics; discusses Free Matter labels and would like to know more about the Mary Bryant Home.
- Jeanne Corcoran on being blind and likes a Toaster Oven.
- We hear about a blind friendly Emergency Radio.
- Abbie Taylor on independence and tells us about her new book.
- Elizabeth Sammons sent in a request for gently used braille writers.
- Jean Lagrange wants to know how to install radio st'ns on the Bookport Desktop.
- Pat Keating discusses UEB and uses braille ballots.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Laurie Pettis wants to visit the swimming pool.
- Linda Bennett with a poem titled "Rare Friend."
- We learn about a plan to make more books accessible.
- ACB Commends Congress on Legislation Authorizing LOC to Provide Braille E-readers.
- John Wesley Smith with thoughts on Tim Hendel's Declaration of Independence.
- Robert Acosta on independence.
- We welcome new subscribers and ask you to share information about Newsreel.
- Richard Brock on independence.
- Bojane Heap about independence and she would like to see one thing.
- We hear about the passing of two Newsreelers.
- Marg Schmitz on independence.
- Charley Anderson comments on the July Newsreel.
- Deb Caldbeck comments on independence.
- Bob Rite is looking for a relationship with a gentleman.
- Joan Andrews on UEB and independence.
- Tom Kaufman sent in: "Some Siri Tricks you Might not know about."
- Leonard Kokel tells us about his Perkins brailler repair service.
- Robert Wegner comments on UEB.
- "A Blind Man's Run Across America."
- We join the Newsreel Party at the ACB national convention.
- "Should your Driverless Car Hit a Pedestrian if it would Save your Life?"
- Laura Mulraney tells us that she put her retired guide dog down.
- We hear about "Campbell's Rambles: How a Seeing Eye Dog Retrieved my Life." (DB 83921)
- Marianne Daley sent in an article about a therapy dog in court.
- From Ann Chiappetta: "The Little Things in Life."