Table of contents August 2017.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From Linda Bennett: "August Night."
- Irwin discusses Newsreel formats and how to send in articles.
- We welcome some new and returning subscribers.
- "Indoor Navigation Coming to the New APH Nearby Explorer App."
- Kate has August birthdays.
- Diane Motchuk is looking for an audible battery tester.
- Dana Ard on braille music and wants to upgrade her cell phone.
- Man Overboard Uses Prosthetic Leg to Stay Afloat.
- Tim Hendel on relationships.
- Duncan Holmes reports on his trip to Los Vegas and we have a clip from Terry Fator.
- Gerry Gabrielli with a piece from the August 2003 Newsreel.
- Kate has our give-away winners for July and has new give-aways for August.
- Robert Wegner enjoyed a recipe on Newsreel and shares a meatloaf recipe.
- Kate has a ginger bread loaf recipe.
- Pam Spurlock with a recipe.
- Joan Andrews comments on an unusual food combination; discusses baseball and shares an article about e-Sight glasses.
- "Retailers Websites Must Comply with Americans with Disabilities Act, Court Rules."
- Bojane Heap shares an article from Syndicated Colunists Weekly.
- From The Columbus Dispatch: "Remote Care Giving: Monitoring Clients through Technology Saves Money Fills Needs."
- E. Z. Cleghorn is looking for some audio described TV; plans to describe the Blind Mice Movie Vault next month; wants to know more about ACB and NFB and likes the Amazon Echo as a speaker.
- Jeanie Meador with the jumble answers and we have a new jumble for August.
- Tom Lykins on WSM; changes in AM radio and comments on KMOX.
- We have more thoughts from Stephen Wright.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "The Eater." (DB 52485)
- From Jane McIver: "Lyft and The National Federation of the Blind Announce Comprehensive Accessibility Improvements for Lyft Riders who Travel with Service Animals."
- Retailers Across the Country are Getting Slammed for Operating Websites that Discriminate Against the Blind or Visually Impaired.
- Chad Grover wonders about cane tips and tells us where to hear Dr. Demento.
- Bob Branco is looking for a Perkins classmate.
- Leslie Miller asks why she can't find Newsreel on a cartridge.
- Diane Motchuk tells us that her guide dog passed away; would like ideas for a good tape recorder and likes The Living Bible.
- From Marianne Daley: "Things I Wish I had Known When my Dog Died."
- Lucille Caruso has a heartwarming story to share.
- From NBP: Microsoft Windows 10 Keystroke Compendium,
Microsoft Word 2016 Keystroke compendium,
Microsoft Outlook 2016 Keystroke Compendium,
and Go Where you Want to Go Using GPS on the Iphone.
- Kate has a favor to ask?
- Victor Schmidt with an oldie.
- From Toni Eames: "Black and White."
- Kate with the final Raffle update.
- Marg Campbell about cell phones and has a TV radio for sale.
- Janet Didsbury has a New Wave oven for sale.
- Bob Branco with Branco's Bites.
- We hear about a new plastic ten pound note from The Bank of England.
- Irwin shows you how to add a Text Label to the SAID Card in your Victor Stream.
- Gary Sivak has some old computer reference cards to give away.
- Al Daniels has a Braille Blazer to pass along.
- We have word that four Newsreelers have passed away.
- Bojane Heap talks about two close friends and disability and remembers Linda Brown.
- From Hap Holly: "A Smart Home Speaker May have Saved a Life."
- "Panel Approves Bill to Boost Testing of Self-Driving Cars."
- Mike Lantz on relationships; dealing with blind people and Mike hosts a talk show.
- Blindness Doesn't Keep some from Taking Aim.
- "FCC Increases Amount of Required Video Described Programming."
- Diane Motchuk shares a bird story.
- Kate says thanks.
- Henry Furtak on dogs and cats.