Table of contents September 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak with the theme from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- From Linda Bennett: "When it is September."
- The American Council of the Blind of Ohio Seeks an Executive Director.
- Duncan Holmes about radio stations; games on the i-Phone and wonders about a GPS App.
- Randy Shelton introduces herself and discusses Apps for i devices.
- Diane Motchuk would like braille health magazines.
- From Second Sense: "History of Disability in America",
a braille Advent calendar, we hear about a new pamphlet with questions and answers about the ADA
and we learn about ways to combat identity theft.
- Ellen Flourie would like pen pals.
- We have September birthdays.
- Victor Schmidt talks about FM skip.
- Mike Lantz on the National Radio Club convention and would welcome correspondence.
- The Princeton Braillists offer a map of Kansas.
- Peggy Covey asks for a friend about sending messages into Newsreel and Irwin has some suggestions.
- Tom Kaufman sent in information about the National Deaf-blind Equipment Distribution Program.
- Leslie Miller with a demonstration of a time and temperature talking clock.
- We learn about an upcoming guide dog conference.
- Tom D'Agostino with "No Help Wanted" in The Wax Works.
- Kate has an update on our cookbook.
- Robert Wegner on hot beans.
- Linda Brown with her mail-order food review.
- Jeanne Corcoran has suggestions for donating a CCTV and sends in some recipes.
- Linda Bennett with a pork chop recipe.
- Joni Colver has some braille recipes to pass along.
- We hear about Braille Design.
- Paul Burkhardt has a new phone number.
- A Nurse's Best Description of a Female's Heart Attack.
- Marg Schmitz will be retiring her guide dog.
- From Tom Kaufman: "An Initiative that will Enhance Accessibility."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Catie Mangrum sends in a song.
- Kate welcomes new Life Members to the Newsreel.
- Nancy Scott with an essay called "Learning by Chocolate."
- Irwin demonstrates the Bookport Desktop from APH.
- From Tom Kaufman: "New Study Finds Blind People have the Potential to Use their Inner Bat to Locate Objects."
- We have the answer for the August jumble and Brad Barrows has a new one.
- We hear about John Lizza's stay in the hospital and the passing of Delores Walker and Brenda Dillon.
- Don Cardinal would like to know more about the Orcam.
- From Tom Kaufman: "New Resource for Blind or Low Vision Visitors at the U.S. Capitol."
- Thanks to a Newsreeler, we have six OTR MP3 CDS for a donation.
- From Ed Fedush: "Burgulary in Florida, you can't Make this Stuff up!"
- We have part six of Jack Benny's Golden Memories of Radio.
- John Harden announces that he is repairing Perkins Braille Writers.
- Gayle Adams with "You know you are a Ham if ..."
- "New Gadgets Help Disabled Find Work."
- Marty Honaker with an interview about Charmtech Labs.
- Ginger Harms about catalogs from Maxi Aids.
- "On It's Fiftieth Birthday the Cassette Tape is still Rolling."