Table of contents September 2014.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak has a maref.
- from Linda Bennett: "September Is."
- Cindy Durborow introduces herself and would like to know more about Android Apps that people like.
- Jim DeBruhl is looking for help with Linked-in.
- Diana Burkhardt needs a Panasonic talking calculator.
- Doug Hudson is looking for help with a stopwatch and would like to hear more about gout.
- Irwin has some notes about cassettes and leaving messages.
- FCC Adopts New Rules to Expand Text to 911 Availability.
- Harold Bradley is looking for "Green Christmas" and wants a braille Bible.
- We have September birthdays.
- Irwin shows you the new audible traffic signals at High and Long.
- From Randi Shelton: Mosen Consulting is seeking interview subjects for a book on challenges faced by blind people using hearing aids.
- Abbie Taylor demonstrates a braille display and reads two poems.
- Robert Wegner shares "The Seven Dangers to Human Virtue."
- Marianne Daley sent in "Stray Cat with Wayward Past Quickly Wins Favor, Settles in."
- Tom Lykins needs help with searefing using Window-Eyes.
- Kate welcomes new Newsreelers.
- Ellen Flourie would like correspondence; is looking for a short-wave radio and a music box.
- Irwin needs a new microwave.
- Duncan Holmes introduces "The Old Philosopher."
- Thanks to the C. W. and Marjorie J. Schrenk Family Foundation for their support.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "Drink to me Only with Thine Eyes."
- Kate talks about a recipe she made; tells who won the free cookbooks for August and has two new ones for September.
- Robert Wegner shares a bean recipe.
- Linda Brown with her Mail-order Food Review.
- Vicki Ireland tells us about an indoor grill pan; talks about a taco salad and we hear some wind chimes.
- Mike O'Harra has a recipe for lemonade pie.
- Jeanne Corcoran shares some recipes.
- Pam Spurlock has some recipes and is looking for a cheese spread recipe.
- Diane Motchuk is in need of a recipe for quick bread and shares a recipe.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Account Numbers on Credit Cards have Meaning."
- Richard Hardy tells us about his new cell phone.
- Arthur Wilson shares his new address.
- "Kent State Accused of Housing Discreamination."
- Bob Prahin with "Fight Fiercely, Harvard."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Bob Prahin sends in "Fight for Subnormal U."
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Written in Red: A Novel of the Others." (DB 78697)
- Randi Shelton recommends: "Out of the Whirlpool." (DB 78152)
- Nancy Scott with an essay called "Two Lives Converge."
- Deborah Kendrick with a commentary about Helen Keller.
- Tim Hendel talks with Carrie Hooper about getting a new piano and she plays a couple of songs.
- Steve Mooney about new publications on NFB Newsline.
- Madeen Ballentine comments on interference when using a cane.
- Gayle Adams has the jumble answer and we have a new jumble.
- From the FBI: "Driverless Cars Could Become Lethal Weapons."
- Newsreeler Richard Mindling passed away in August.
- We received word that Jim Lukasavitz passed away.
- From Ed Fedush: "Stay."
- From a 1981 Johnny Carson show, Jimmie Stewart reads a poem titled "Bow."
- Delta Gamma Foundation underwriting announcement.
- Catie Mangrum with some ragtime music.
- Paul Sullivan has a reduced price for his Jumbo Braille Writer.
- Marilyn Smith on the Scentcy fall-winter catalog and reads a poem.
- Duncan Holmes tells us about stopping unwanted phone calls.
- Diane Motchuk is looking for correspondence; demonstrates a clock and has a new address for Independent Living Aids.
- From Randi Shelton: "FCC Looking for Feedback on Deaf-blind Distribution Program."
- Irwin had a strange experience with Paris.
- From Ann Chiappetta: "Hard Decision."
- Barbara Corner tells us about her new guide dog and relates a funny story.
- We learn about the 2015 Top Dog convention.
- From Ed Fedush: "Replacement Windows."
- Duncan Holmes sent in a recording of Julie Andrews at the age of twelve.