Table of contents September 2015.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From Linda Bennett: "September Day."
- Irwin reports on using a "Chip Enabled" card reader.
- Garnet Claypool is looking for a song.
- Christine Chaikin has a Colorado resource book available.
- Tom Lykins would like more information about changing of the calendar and a formula for finding out what day you were born.
- How Google Designs for the Blind."
- Diana Burkhardt wants a talking calculator.
- We have September birthdays.
- Adrijana Prokopenko tells us about Facebook groups for blind pen pals and finding blindness related items.
- We hear of the passing of Alana McNeely.
- We received word that Will Webb passed away.
- We learn that Paul Burkhardt passed away.
- From Tom Kaufman: New NLS Website.
- Lisa Burkhardt wants to know more about a medical condition.
- Tom Kaufman sent in an article about the DAR 101 Digital Recorder.
- Kate thanks you for your participation in the Raffle.
- Marilyn Kirchner missed some phone messages that might have been from Newsreelers.
- "Study Shows Remarkable Adaptability of our Brains Vision Center."
- Diane Motchuk sends in an article about "Reminder Rosie."
- Mickey Prahin reports on Bob's hospitalization.
- From Katie Frederick and Kim Charlson: "Express Scripts Pilot for Scriptalk."
- Jean LaGrange likes a website.
- Richard Brock tells you how to get help with your Olympus digital recorder.
- We have the answer for the August jumble and Irwin has a new one for September.
- Gary Sivak has a radio to give away.
- From Ed Fedush: "Thoughts on Old Age."
- Adrijana Prokopenko sends in the song "Going Back Home."
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "Remember."
- Kate about her cooking experiences; shares a recipe; has the cookbook winners for August and we have a couple of cookbooks for September to pass along.
- Robert Wegner with a crockpot chicken recipe and remembrances of a coffee cake.
- Linda Brown with her mail-order food review.
- Jeanne Corcoran with some crockpot recipes.
- Marg Schmitz with a couple of recipe ideas.
- "An Inspiring Look at one Blind Veteran who Helps so Many Others."
- Mike Lantz on cassette recorders and talking watches; checking out items he wants to buy and he says that his mother had a small stroke.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Typewriters are Back in Style and Demand."
- Diane Motchuk wants to know more about various braille writers and comments on the IBM braille typewriter.
- Krystal Hester needs a small cassette recorder.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Abbie Taylor with one of her late husband's favorite songs.
- Lee Tucker sent in "What to do When you Meet a Sighted Person."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Fire Flight." (DB 59093)
- Nancy Scott with "I'll Remember Where I Put that."
- From Second Sense: AFB has recognized Apple,
Looking for a Career in Information Technology?
and the San Francisco Lighthouse is looking for writers who are blind or visually impaired.
- Haben Girma is the first deaf-blind Harvard Law School graduate.
- We learn about the Reimage.
- Victor Schmidt has a health update.
- Linda Permar sent in a recipe for baked fried chicken.
- Tom Lykins is looking for a relationship with ladies who "live radio."
- From Ann Chiappetta: "In the Company of Dogs."
- Julie Cobb on NLS magazines and print-braille book order forms.
- We welcome some new Newsreel members.
- Ed Fedush sent in "Advice from Alexander The Great."
- Mary Rudys with "Red River Valley."
- From Brad Barrows: "Does the Spearmint Lose Its Flavor on the Bed Post Over Night?"
- Paul Harvey with "Inspector Drew."
- Amy Phillippi demonstrates the game "Ninety-nine."
- Irwin reports on his Jury Duty.
- "NASA Sofia has Flight Date."
- Doug Hudson reports on his Talking Time I.
- "Visually Impaired Teens Hike the Grand Canyon."
- From Katie Frederick: "At some Museums, Blind Visitors can Touch the Art."
- Rickey Torres is looking for a reel-to-reel tape recorder and would like suggestions for keeping a phone book.