Table of contents September 2017.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From Linda Bennett: "Where Did Summer go?"
- Chester Carnes is looking for a braille Bible.
- Irwin has a note on noise.
- Kishia Mason introduces herself and comments on NFB and ACB.
- Ruthie Wagner introduces herself.
- We have September birthdays.
- Ginger Harms wonders what has happened with TELLME.
- "Health Well Foundation Launches Fund to Provide Financial Assistance to People Living with Macular Degeneration."
- Tom Lykins is looking for old hymnals.
- Nancy Lynn sent in a Victor Stream Punctuation and Character Guide.
- Marie Rudys talks about technology problems and has a new e-mail address.
- Irwin has an addendum on sending articles into Newsreel.
- From Marianne Daley we learn that Perkins Library will be selling NLS type cartridges and other items to augment the audio reading experience.
- Dana Ard discusses finding Newsreel members; blind and sighted couples; their dogs and where to live.
- Mike Lantz on hearing aids; comments on relationships and will be travelling.
- "Blind Bee Keeper, Baker, Kayaker, Honored for Limitless Vision of Life."
- Jerry Gabrielli is here from the September 2003 Newsreel.
- Kate has the book winners for August; we have some new books to give away in September and she says thanks.
- Robert Wegner with a pot roast recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran comments on relationships and has some recipes.
- Diane Motchuk with some recipes.
- "For Blind Chef in Cliffside Park, Life is Full of Blessings."
- Janet Didsbury tells us about her cats.
- Fannie Beachy on batteries; WSM and would like more braille magazines.
- Some Hilarity with the English Language.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Duncan Holmes sent in: "Yankee Doodle and Other Folk Songs."
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Abracadaver." (DB 30361)
- From Nancy Scott: "My Grandmother's Bargain."
- John Wesley Smith on a digital recorder; comments on WSM and discusses NFB and ACB.
- Alice Massa tells us about the availability of her book from NLS and in braille.
- Nancy Levy suggests a couple of authors.
- "Book Reveals Fierce World of Baseball for the Blind."
- Marg Schmitz on going to the fair and suggests a book.
- Access in the National Parks.
- From National Braille Press: we hear about a poetry contest.
- Henry Furtak introduces music for September.
- We hear about the raising of puppies to be guide dogs.
- Bob Branco tells us about his "Consumer Vision" magazine.
- Helen Skarpentzos with the jumble answer and we have a new jumble for September.
- E. Z. Cleghorn is starting school; tells us about the Blind Mice Megamall Movie Vault
and discusses old and new cell phones.
- "Singing Competition for the Blind Held in Raleigh."
- From NBP: Back to School, Make it Fun! a Tactile Caliper,
out of Sight Science Experiments,
Stir it up,
six book Great Expectations set,
just enough to Know Better,
a Braille Spelling Dictionary,
Nemeth Reference Sheets,
print-braille books in Spanish and English,
print-braille board books,
and Tactile Coloring and Activity Books.
- We welcome new Newsreel subscribers and a new Life member.
- Victor Schmidt comments on drug warnings.
- Kevin Walsh on regaining sight and drug interactions.
- Marg Schmitz comments on drug labeling.
- Joan Andrews on an oldie and taking drugs.
- Kate says thanks and has an update on the Clinton Indiana Lions Club.
- Gloria Morrison introduces herself.
- We learn that Lou Mazzoli passed away.
- Joe Waldron has passed away.
- From Hap Holly: "Daddy's Poem."