Table of contents September 2018.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- We start with a song in honor of Labor Day.
- We have an update from Kate after her surgery.
- Loren Wakefield on what Newsreel means to him; tells us about a couple of Apps he likes and is looking for some slates.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Uber Health."
- John McCune on what Newsreel means to him.
- The Eye Doctor who could not See the Stars.
- We have September birthdays.
- Dana Ard talks about her Newsreel experiences.
- "New Gym Created to Help people with Disabilities."
- Betty LaGrange wonders where to get a braille manual for a cell phone.
- From Bojane Heap: A New Accessible Mobile Phone.
- Tom Lykins on radios from yesteryear and he is looking for a relationship.
- Linda Bennett sent in a joke.
- Mary Ann DeLong says congratulations on 60 years of Newsreel.
- "Blacklick Couple Leads Group Helping people Overcome Vision Loss."
- We have Gerry Gabrielli from September 2004.
- Robert Wegner has a cake recipe.
- Southwest Airlines Updates Its Policies for Service Animals."
- Jeanne Corcoran has some recipes and comments on early reading.
- Victor Schmidt shares a recipe.
- "Kroger Begins Testing Driverless Grocery Delivery."
- Pam and Frank Spurlock on help from sighted people and discuss cookbooks.
- "Kelloggs Rice Krispies Treats Launches Braille Snack Notes for Visually Impaired Kids."
- Joan Andrews comments on dealing with people with disabilities and weight loss programs.
- "As Population Ages, Libraries Deliver to more Home-bound Book Worms."
- John Harden sent in a song for Mike Lantz.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Duncan Holmes with "September in the Rain."
- From Nancy Scott: "Turn, Turn, Turn."
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Chasing the Dime." (DB 55050)
- E. Z. Cleghorn on the importance of the Harry Potter books.
- "Robot Car Firms May Get a Break on Safety Rules."
- Diane Motchuk on AM radio.
- Bojane Heap lets us know that Gloria Rathbone passed away.
- Nancy Levy has some Christian authors she likes.
- Duncan Holmes with "September Song."
- Stan Doran takes us on a tour of the Railroad Museum from September 1988.
- George Gray has a talking Bible to give away and two cassette recorders and a Romeo 20 to sell.
- "A Family Ditches the Driver."
- Doug Hudson on changes in cell phone technology.
- We learned that Beverly Gustafson passed away.
- From Marianne Daley: "Robotic Cats Help Soothe Patients with Dementia."
- Ruthie Wagoner comments on care givers and on radio.
- Carol McCarl tells us how she learned about Newsreel and has an update on Dialog Magazine.
- Garnet Claypool on personal care workers.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Iron Man, Hawkeye and Blue Ear?"
- Crystal Hester is in need of an i-device.
- Victor Schmidt comments on stupid things sighted people say and on radio stations.
- Pastor Philip Jackson has CD cases to pass along; comments on dating; tells us about an interesting experience and is looking for pen pals.
- Gary Grunewald would like suggestions for using speech input on his computer.
- We have the answer for the August jumble and a new one for September.
- From Bojane Heap: Braille Scrabble Board and tiles wanted.
- From tom Kaufman: How LED Lighting can Help Those with Visual Impairments Navigate the City."