Table of contents October 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak has a march for us.
- Notes from the Editor.
- From Linda Bennett: "October Thirty First."
- George Gray tells us about help from Microsoft.
- We welcome new Newsreel members.
- Nancy Levy about an experience with a Safety Deposit Box.
- A Random Act of Kindness.
- Tom Lykins wants your help to identify a song.
- From John W. Smith: "Giving a Voice to Persons with Disabilities in Disaster Situations."
- Paul Pell is looking for a record from 1965.
- We have October birthdays.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Fake Service Dog Gear Creates Problems for Americans with Disabilities."
- John Brickweg wonders how you would answer a question.
- George Gray with "Congressman Takes Ride in a Driverless Car in Pennsylvania."
- From Tom Kaufman: "Nissan Promises Self-Driving Cars."
- Carrie Cischke reminds us about her ministries.
- Paul B. Smith has a trivia question.
- Ed Fedush sent in a joke.
- Victor Schmidt has a Blast from the Past.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with The Andrews Sisters and "Let's have Another One."
- Kate shares her recent cooking adventures.
- Robert Wegner with "Snacks a Sandwich and a Sort of Recipe."
- We hear about "Recipes from My Home Kitchen."
- Jeanne Corcoran recommends a cheese and shares some recipes.
- Ruby Bryant has some recipes.
- We learn about a talking microwave on sale and have a couple recipes.
- We have some answers for the September jumble and Irwin has a new one.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Disyey Overhauling it's Disability Access Program."
- We have a quiz from Ed Fedush.
- Bob Prahin sends in "Let's Fall in Love."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Duncan Holmes has a Mel Blanc song.
- George Gray with "Iowa now Allows Visually Impaired people to Carry Hand Guns."
- Nolan Crabb reviews "The Mayor of Casterbridge" (DB 22696)
- The Treaty of Marrakesh Explained.
- If you're an old Apple user, listen to what Marilyn Smith sent in.
- We hear about the world's largest collection of talking clocks.
- Rollie Hudson invites you to join the Newsreel Facebook page.
- From Ed Fedush: "Facts you May not Know."
- Duncan Holmes with another Mel Blanc song.
- We have part seven of Jack Benny's Golden Memories of Radio.
- Catie Mangrum with a musical selection.
- From Amy Phillippi: "Braille Your Business Cards Fast and Cheap."
- From Deborah Kendrick: "Service Dogs come with Responsibilities."
- Norene Trappa has four cassette mailers to give away.
- Madine Ballentine is looking for small cassette mailers and an AMSTFM radio with a cassette recorder.
- From The Hadley School: "New Independent Living Series now Open for Enrollment."
- "The Digital Devide and People with Disabilities."
- John Harden reports that Jan Rouch passed away.
- We have the obituary for Susann Munn.
- Joan Andrews has an update on Suzanne Whalen.
- We have the answers for Ed Fedush's quiz.
- From Vicky Prahin and others: "Ten Reasons why it's Great to be Blind."