Table of contents October 2016.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Linda Bennett with "October Song."
- Debbie Donnellan says the West Virginia School for the Blind Alumni Association is putting together a new alumni directory.
- Cindy Finley would like help with computer training.
- Abbie Taylor has a new e-mail address.
- 2017 braille calendars are now available from Newsreel.
- William Chadd would like pen pals.
- Ellen Flourie on being blind and wants tape pals.
- We learn about a Non 24-Hour Survey.
- We have October birthdays.
- Victor Schmidt reports on the passing of a disc jockey.
- Tom Lykins tells us about a QSO about his life.
- Marilyn Smith has a special offer if you want to try the Philmore voice-mail system.
- We hear about the "Over There" App.
- Pam Spurlock on being blind.
- Alice Fields on blindness and has a new address.
- Lucille Caruso on blindness and shares a poem.
- Jim Robertson on blindness.
- We hear about a new Uber accessibility website.
- Ginger Harms about dealing with blindness.
- "Removing Barriers to Voting for Americans with Disabilities through Automatic Registration."
- Irwin has a house update.
- Linda Webb with "Smile Awhile."
- Gerry Gabrielli has a song for October.
- We hear who won the cookbooks given away in September; what we have for October and Kate updates a recipe.
- Robert Wegner shares a recipe in The Kitchen Korner.
- Jeanne Corcoran shares some recipes.
- Jan Blatz with several recipes.
- Linda Bennett has a recipe for Halloween.
- Lucille Caruso shares a tip.
- Vicky Prahin sent in an article about a pizza ATM.
- Claude Long on can openers.
- From Tom Kaufman: "How American Restaurants Fail to Accommodate Blind Diners."
- Kate has items to pass along from Newsreel.
- We hear about several publications from National Braille Press.
- Al Daniels needs a serial cable for the Braille Blazer.
- We learn that Jean Howes passed away.
- Tom Lykins comments on the passing of Debbie Blank.
- We learn about a book on Structured Negotiation.
- Ed Fedush with alternative meanings for several words.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Constant Fear." (DB 82308)
- We have an update on The Marakesh Treaty.
- Alice Cann tells us about an article in National Geographic about blindness.
- "Driverless Cars Won't Always Look this Way."
- Pat Munson has a little history of the organized blind movement; likes a stylus and appreciates the seasons.
- We hear about a new poetry book from Ann Chiappetta.
- Robert Wegner with more on UEB.
- Marianne Daley tells us about Jet.com.
- Marg Schmitz on using a guide dog if you are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- "Shhhh, Para Football is Going On."
- We hear about the "Top Dog 2017" Conference.
- Jan Blatz comments on an app she uses.
- Vinny Samarco tells about some of his favorite podcasts.
- We welcome a new Life member to Newsreel.
- Duncan Holmes talks about phone apps and podcasts he likes.
- Marie Rudys on problems with the USPS.
- Victor Schmidt with another health issue.
- Ellen Boxrud tells us about the Mary Bryant home.
- Marianne Daley sent in: "My Tech Support is Purposely Unbearable.
- Tim Hendel and Carrie Hooper have a whimsical piece on words.
- Joan Andrews comments on the Civil Air Patrol.
- Linda Brown on leaving a guide dog at home.
- Kate would like your advice on future Newsreel Raffles.
- Toni Eames sent a message "To the Oldies in My Group."