Table of contents October 2017.
- Linda Bennett has "October in the Air."
- Sherry Bicknell is looking for advice on a cane.
- Gary Sivak with comments on the Equifax Cyber Attack and Irwin shares his experience.
- From NBP: Tactile Letter and Number Sheets.
- Irwin announces the availability of our 2018 braille calendars.
- From Jane McIver: "FCC Announces Date of Disability Advisory Committee Meeting."
- Trish Cleary says thanks and discusses text messaging.
- We have October birthdays.
- Robert Herrick had a problem with his September Newsreel and found a solution.
- Partnership with Travel-eyes.
- Barbara Mattson on the use of i-devices and has questions about Blindfold Games and Blind Mice Mart.
- E. Z. Cleghorn shares a tip using Apple Music and got a computer from Computers for the Blind.
- Sharon Strzalkowski on her cell phone journey.
- Newsreel will be hosting an international Exchange student in October.
- Tim Hendel comments on hearing aids and is looking for old books and braillers.
- Alice Fields discusses hearing aids; back surgery; partnerships and line dancing.
- Irwin has an apology for the September jumble and Alice Massa has a new one.
- Kate says thanks for your Friendship Raffle support.
- Eva Carter is in need of an accessible satellite radio.
- Natalie Byrne introduces herself.
- Kevin Mitchell wants to find someone.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Gerry Gabrielli has a selection from the October 2003 Newsreel.
- Kate tells us who won our free books in September and we have new items to pass along in October.
- Robert Wegner with a recipe for beef stroganoff and would like to ear from people with food allergies.
- Jeanne Corcoran has a story about an exploding battery and sends in some recipes.
- From NBP: "Fast and Fresh Main Courses."
- Gayle Adams on touch screens; shares a recipe and has a couple of parodies.
- From Katie Frederick: "Disability Advocates Say Postmates and Grubhub Websites Discriminate Against Blind people."
- Frank Spurlock about an experiment involving the total eclipse; comments on medication and Pam with a recipe.
- Diane Motchuk has a bird story.
- We learn that Regie Anglen has passed away.
- Mary Snelgrove let us know that Velma Calandra passed away.
- Jimmie Castleberry reported that Kitty Weiss passed away.
- Irwin says thanks.
- From Second Sense: we hear about a research study on health care providers.
- From Katie Frederick: "Seeking Volunteer Families for Research Study."
- From NBP: Braille Bumper Stickers.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Duncan Holmes sent in something for Fire Prevention Week.
- Linda Bennett with "Halloween Ghouls."
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "The Wrong Side of Goodbye." (DB 86195)
- John Wesley Smith talks about a book concerning the "Impostor Phenomenon." (DB 23661)
- George Gray would like to hear from teachers who are blind or visually impaired who are currently teaching.
- From NBP: "Dr. Seuss's Fox and Socks."
- Michael Geno talks about moving; has some braille, cassettes, and open-reel tapes to share; would like to discuss publishing; comments on robo calls and has a song for fall.
- Duncan Holmes tells us about his new album and shares a song that did not make it on to the album.
- Linda Gregorich has a hurricane update.
- Robert Wegner on hurricane damage.
- From Marianne Daley: "Blind Football Player Snaps for Extra Point in a USC win."
- Leslie Miller talks about a coincidence and wants to know more about home assistants.
- Tom Lykins on braille Bibles and wants to know more about Windows 10 and Cortana.
- Tesla Autopilot played a role in a fatal crash.
- Ellen Flourie with a correction.
- Kate reads some historical trivia.
- From Duncan Holmes: Manners can be Fun.