Table of contents October 2018.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- We have an update on the Raffle Special.
- Kate says thanks for your support.
- Ruthie Wagoner is looking for a companion.
- Nancy Levy tells us about an experience.
- "The Orioles Became the first Professional Sports Team to wear Braille Jerseys."
- "Editing Services Coming Soon."
- From The Ohio Connection: JOINT Project Fosters Independence through Braille.
- "Why a Free Credit Freeze is Better than a Credit Lock."
- John Wesley Smith congratulates Newsreel on sixty years.
- Our braille 2019 calendars should be available in mid October.
- "Wine Maker David Hunt Blindness is an Inconvenience."
- Philip Jackson on doing laundry.
- We have October birthdays.
- Chiko Dinaka with birthday wishes for Newsreel.
- Linda Bennett sent in a couple jokes.
- Tom Lykins comments on sighted help; care givers and the CC Radio.
- E. Z. Cleghorn on AM radio; comments on old cell phones and offers help.
- We learn about accessible slot machine games.
- Irwin has information about an article in the September issue of Wired about disabled gamers.
- From Duncan Holmes: "Farewell Camp Salom."
- Doug Hudson sent in a song.
- Gerry Gabrielli with The Verse Game from October 2004.
- Kate tells us who won our give-aways in July and what we have for October.
- Robert Wegner talks about porcupine meatballs.
- Jeanne Corcoran shares some recipes.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Wegmans Adds a Game Changer for Visually Impaired Shopping."
- Pam Spurlock with some recipes and comments on doing math.
- Dana Ard about blind role models and changing technology.
- We welcome back Howard Applegate.
- Mark Martin has the jumble answer and we have a new jumble for October.
- Jim Robertson has a brain teaser.
- "US House of Representatives Passed Marakesh Treaty Implementation Act."
- Victor Schmidt wonders how to identify bad NLS cartridges and has a halloween song.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Clinton Lindgren has a song for Halloween.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "This is where you Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place where you Live."
- Abbie Taylor with a poem for Halloween.
- "Grandpa's Halloween Ghost" by Alice Massa.
- Mike Lantz talks about a radio station he liked and training of sighted people.
- Randi Shelton on the Harry Potter books and other reading she has enjoyed.
- Walter Woitasek has some CDS, braille material, and a few cassettes to pass along and says congratulations on Newsreel's 60 years.
- Tony Nye is looking for hand-held cassette recorders.
- Brad Barrows sent in "Quiet Village."
- Stan Doran has a little Newsreel history and has an Editorial from the October 1988 issue.
- Larry Honaker on changes in technology and discusses the Amazon Fire Tablet.
- From Marianne Daley: "Alexa is Losing Her Edge."
- Kishia Mason on dealing with sighted people.
- Gary Sivak has books and other items to give away.
- Jim Robertson has the answer for the brain teaser.
- Irwin reports on a change in his chase braille credit card statement.
- Julie Cobb on her Newsreel experience.
- Linda Bennett with the poem "Old Friends."
- Laurie Pettis wrote a song after her air conditioning went out.