Table of contents November 2013.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- The poem "November" sent in by Linda Bennett.
- Kitty Weiss wants to hear from people who have had knee surgery.
- From Ed Fedush: "2013 Holiday Cards are now on Sale."
- Marty Honaker about Lutheran Braille Workers.
- We welcome two new subscribers and remind you of our Life Membership Special.
- Bojane Heap needs a Talking Caller ID and Irwin has a suggestion.
- We have November birthdays.
- Robert Wegner with "To Compute or not to Compute."
- Attorney Barb Corner Fulfills her Dream of Working for the Good Guys.
- Cheryl Morgan has a source for cassette mailers.
- Marg and Keith Campbell have a couple of braille watches to give away.
- Irwin asks for your submissions for the December issue.
- Carol Lukens about a cruise line.
- Julia Cobb: Advocate for the Blind.
- Diane Motchuk wants to know how to prepare chestnuts and would like to buy or trade for a Hot Shot.
- From Doug Hudson and Velma Calandra "Winter Boots."
- Arthur Wilson needs a Perkins Brailler.
- From Marianne Daley and Tom Kaufman: "Vendor is no Longer a Nowhere Man."
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with "So Long Mother, Kiss your Boy Goodbye."
- Louise Flanigan recommends "In The Newsreel Kitchen."
- Kate has an update on our cookbook.
- Robert Wegner with a green bean casserole recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran brings us some recipes.
- "My Favorite Holiday" retold by Bill Lewis.
- "FDA Bids to Regulate Animal Food."
- Angela Gatteys has the October jumble answer and Irwin has a new jumble.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Starbucks to Offer Braille Gift Cards Year Round."
- Lois Howard has braille booklets to give away and is looking for one.
- We tell you that Betty Staley has passed away.
- John Brickweg is looking for some music.
- Joan Andrews has an update on Suzanne Whalen.
- Irwin gives you a house update.
- From Tom Kaufman: "A Blind Golfer Hit a Hole in One."
- Our 2014 braille calendars are now available.
- Ellen Boxrud tells us about the Mary Bryant Home.
- Barry Wood has a friend with a KNFB Reader to sell.
- Victor Schmidt is looking for a record.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Bob Prahin sent in: "Play that Country Tuba, Cowboy!"
- Kate asks you to thank our funders for the magazine.
- Nancy Scott with "Kneading the Bond of Friendship."
- Update on the WIPO Treaty.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "Battle Cry of Freedom."
- From National Braille Press: "Reading Kindle Books on your IOS Device: a Quick Reference Guide."
- Peggy Shoel wants to know who some of the singers were on the Jack Benny show.
- From Deborah Kendrick an article about Dr. Abraham Nemeth.
- Pat Munson about Dr. Nemeth; teaching blind children and living in a suburb.
- Affordable Care Act information available on the ACB website.
- Henry Furtak sends us "Rush Hour in Hong Kong."
- We have part eight of Jack Benny's Golden Memories of Radio.
- Marty Honaker talks with Phil Scopes about Philmore Productions.
- George Gray reads: "Blind Student Reads Braille with her Lips."
- Kate talks with author Nickie Coby.
- Catie Mangrum with "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda."