Table of contents November 2014.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Henry Furtak sends in "If I Loved You."
- From Linda Bennett: "November."
- We have a couple of corrections.
- Glenn Fishbeck has some cassette and open-reel tapes to give away.
- From Second Sense: we hear about Christian Record Services,
DOJ has published a booklet on the rights of voters with disabilities,
Ski for Light 2015,
and Eyes on Success.
- Tom Anderson is giving away a New Testament Bible on CD, some erased cassettes, cassette albums and hard plastic cassette cases.
- Monthly Social Security and SSI Benefits for 2015.
- John Wesley Smith on Bibles in braille;
comments on preparedness materials;
and discusses access to technology.
- From Tom Kaufman: "A Great Day for Blind Americans."
- Chester Carnes is trying to get a Talking Time I repaired.
- We have November birthdays.
- Russell Carrick on the Thunder Shirt.
- We hear about a guide dog advocacy and information app.
- Charley Anderson introduces himself.
- From Vicky Prahin: "China's First Guide Dog and Handler Refused Service."
- Nancy Levy comments on the Thunder Shirt.
- From Duncan Holmes: "In Memory of Lucky."
- Loreen Campbell wants help with her phone.
- Paul B. Smith has a musical trivia question.
- Tom D'Agostino with "Nobody is Chasing me" in The Wax Works.
- Kate has a cookbook update.
- Robert Wegner with a turkey soup recipe.
- Jeanne Corcoran comments on the NLS Digital Player and has some recipes.
- Gloria Rathbone with a recipe.
- Diane Motchuk has some recipes.
- Christine Chaikin comments on the Lemonade Pie recipe.
- We have a recipe for Vermont Apple Pie.
- Marg Schmitz on slow cookers and talks about making oatmeal.
- Irwin comments on his microwave.
- Linda O'neal has a suggestion for a microwave.
- Christine Chaikin has sources for talking microwaves;
has help for JAWS shortcuts with Linked-in; shares websites for cheese spread recipes;
and has info about Apps for the Android phone.
- Amy Phillippi demonstrates the ID Mate Quest.
- Betty Lovin lets us know that Lois Eagle passed away and Betty has a new guide dog.
- From Linda Bennett: "All Through November."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- John Correia shares a song for Veterans Day and would like correspondence.
- We welcome new members and new Life members to Newsreel.
- Nancy Scott with an essay for November.
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Warbreaker" (DB 69788)
- John Wesley Smith reviews the book "The Troupe." (DB 76151)
- From Deborah Kendrick: "Author will Tell Tales of his Time with the Beatles."
- Mimi Winer has descriptions of gestures.
- Ed Fedush sends in some Bermashave signs.
- Abbie Taylor about the Braille Edge; a baseball song; tells us about her new book
and she ends with a satirical song.
- Thanks to the C. W. and Marjorie J. Schrenk Family Foundation for their support.
- Louise Flanigan has a talking clock for sale.
- We hear about the 2015 print/braille calendar from NBP.
- Janet Didsbury would like a braille dictionary.
- Kate says thanks for your support and asks that you send notes to our major funders.
- Tom Lykins would like to learn more about the UEBC.
- "For Canadian Boy who was Born Deaf, Risky Brain Surgery Offers a Ticket into the World of Sounds."
- Kevin Walsh discusses NLS Digital Players and technology.
- From Ed Fedush: "History of the Car Radio."
- Tim Hendel talks with Newsreeler Ruth Hartman.
- Irwin has more on the October jumble; donna Permar has one for November and Irwin talks about what is coming up in December.
- From Ed Fedush we have some anagrams.
- Mike Lantz has questions about improving hearing with surgery and wonders about hearing loss in people with ROP.
- From National Braille Press: "Hungry Fingers Tactile Puzzle Set."
- Mickey Prahin sends in "A Pittance of Time" to end the issue.