Table of contents November 2015.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Linda Bennett with the poem: "A Prayer for Thanksgiving.".
- We have an update on Social Security.
- Irwin has a couple of helpful hints and a request.
- Diane Motchuk on UEB and has some cassette labels to pass along.
- Katie Frederick shares information regarding Lyft.
- Kimberly Morrow introduces herself.
- We have November birthdays.
- Alice Massa sends in "The Thanksgiving Poetry Game."
- Robert Acosta tells us about a GDUI fundraiser.
- From Katherine Schneider "The NLS numbers are in."
- Irwin asks for your help with the December issue of Newsreel.
- Ann Chiappetta with "Listening and Talking."
- We have Marcia Dresser's obituary.
- We received word that Jack Vincent passed away.
- Linda Bennett with the poem: "Thanksgiving: What it Means to me."
- Julia Ann Cobb tells us that Learning Ally is no longer sending out books on CD.
- Adrijana Prokopenko sent in a message seeking participants for a new documentary.
- Irwin has an update on the house and Paris.
- Duncan Holmes features music from a local quartet.
- Tom D'Agostino in The Wax Works with Roy Rogers.
- Kate has cookbook winners for October; two more cookbooks to pass along this month; reminds us about "In The Newsreel Kitchen" and tells us about her cooking plans.
- Robert Wegner has a recipe for chocolate and oat bars.
- Pam Spurlock with some recipes and comments on a braille phone book.
- Laurie Pettis shares a recipe.
- Diane Motchuk has a phone number if you need help with your turkey.
- Linda Webb has a Thanksgiving weather forecast.
- Humana is offering braille and talking prescription labels.
- "Cooking with Disabilities: an Exercise in Creative Problem Solving."
- Marilyn Smith likes some smoked turkey breast; mentions Magnets and Ladders
and tells us where to find a Scentsy catalog.
- Linda Webb is "Shopping for Turkey."
- Lisa Burkhardt is a new Newsreel Life member.
- Victor Schmidt reports on his prostate cancer and Amy has an update.
- Marg Schmitz on phone books.
- Marianne Daley sent in a description of a cartoon.
- Doug Hudson lets us know about an online comic book store for the blind and visually impaired.
- Marg Campbell is looking for a hand-held game.
- Mickey Prahin tells us about Bob's CDs that are for sale.
- Brad Barrows and others have the answer for the October jumble and Brad has a new one for November.
- Diane Motchuk wanted to hear the song "Count Your Blessings: Name Them One by One."
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Abbie Taylor has a parody of a Thanksgiving song.
- We have a tribute to Veterans.
- From Nancy Scott: "Never Ask an Artist!"
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "The Gratitude Diaries." (DB 82454)
- Kate asks you to say "thanks" to some of our funders and says thank you for all of your support.
- John Wesley Smith with a review of "Stone Walled." (DB 80397)
- Charley Anderson talks about the book "All the Light we Cannot See."
- Linda Bennett with the poem: "November."
- From Deborah Kendrick: "Airports can Mean Humiliation for some Travelers."
- Marianne Daley would like help with constructing a table in MS Word.
- Duncan Holmes has a radio to give away.
- We learn about "Unity Message of Hope."
- Doug Hudson shares a demonstration of the Seeing Eye GPS app for the iPhone.
- We hear the "Blind Americans Equality Day" proclamation.
1. Delta Gamma Foundation underwriting announcement.
- Catie Mangrum has a Tom Lehrer song.
- Margie Donovan has a braille writer for sale.
- We hear about a blind football player.
- Victor Schmidt tells us that Ed Walker is retiring; we hear part of a talk with his former on-air partner WTOP'S Bruce Alan and we tell where you can hear the entire talk.
- Larry Honaker with an article about using the Mac.
- Tim Hendel with more on braille writers.
- Randi Shelton talks about the Lavender brailler and braille in general.
- Debra Saylor talks about listening to Newsreel on her iphone.