Table of contents November 2016.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- From E. Z. Cleghorn a wonderful song for Veterans Day.
- Linda Bennett sent in "A Prayer for Thanksgiving.
- Cheryl Morgan is looking for someone.
- Janet Didsbury wants an old talking clock.
- Tom Lykins needs a Braille 'n Speak carrying case.
- Garnet Claypool tells us that The Selective Doctor is closing.
- We find out about Learn Tech from AFB.
- Christine Chaikin on computer training;
tells us about a 4-track tape recorder and has a question about QVC.
- Dana Ard on blindness; freezing items and would like suggestions for OCR and a digital recorder.
- "First Artificial Pancreas Approved."
- Tim Hendel on yet another Non 24 survey.
- We have November birthdays.
- We test your Thanksgiving knowledge throughout the issue.
- "Guide Dogs Help Serve as their Owners Eyes."
- We learn that Paul Sullivan passed away.
- Ursula Johnson is in need of a braille writer.
- The 2017 Peanuts print-braille calendar is available.
- LaBelle Murtha has the jumble answer and Lucille Caruso with a new jumble.
- Duncan Holmes found a great video to share.
- Gerry Gabrielli sent in a Stan Freberg parody several years ago.
- Kate tells us who won the cookbooks in October and we have some holiday cookbooks to give away in November.
- Robert Wegner on can openers and has a recipe in The Kitchen Korner.
- Jeanne Corcoran on can openers and shares some recipes.
- We have a recipe for Green Bean Casserole and other Thanksgiving hints from The Columbus Dispatch.
- Marg Schmitz on can openers.
- Ginger Harms about can openers and shares a strange noise.
- Rita tester is looking for a large book bag, a small radio, a cookbook, an audio transcribing service and a phone number.
- Al Daniels likes a can opener and has the number for the former TELLME.
- Victor Schmidt says Amy is making meatballs.
- Ruth Failor would like information on a radio.
- Ed Fedush has some "Clever Word Smithing."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Laurie Pettis has a song for Thanksgiving.
- Kate asks you to thank our major funders.
- From Nancy Scott: "The Poinsettia Predicament."
- Marianne Daley comments on Newsreel and asks what can we do to ensure Newsreel continues long into the future?
- E. Z. Cleghorn introduces himself and discusses the need for braille.
- "Can You Hear the Stars?"
- Kate with "For the Veteran."
- Nancy Lynn tells us about her Daily Offering e-mail group.
- "Historic Accessible Book Treaty Takes Effect."
- Abbie Taylor reminds us about her new book and she shares a poem.
- "The Blind have High Hopes for Self-Driving Cars."
- We have a reminder to send items for the December Newsreel.
- Philip Jackson wants to know about any radio stations in Columbus that carry NASCAR and he is in the process of getting a guide dog.
- Carl Brodman is looking for long-lasting friendships.
- Debra Saylor would like to get an original Victor Stream.
- Doug Hudson has a money identifier to give away.
- Duncan Holmes on podcasts he likes; is looking for a Thanksgiving suite of songs and has a piece about what the first Thanksgiving might have been like.
- Robert Wegner with his final UEB discussion.
- We hear who won the 2016 ACB Ohio Ken Morlock award.
- Irwin takes you on a brief tour of the house.
- From The Columbus Dispatch: "Blind Man-Sister Get Keys to Home After Fire Destroyed it in 2011."
- Bojane Heap reads "Human Voice is Key to Unlocking Movie Magic for the Blind."
- from The Columbus Dispatch: "Ticket to Ride."
- "Why Dogs Cannot Use Computers!"