Table of contents November 2018.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- We remember our veterans.
- Mary Hiland's book is now available from NLS.
- Slight Increase in Medicare's Out-patient Part B Premium.
- Irwin has a reminder about material for our December issue.
- Tom Lykins asks why letters from Social Security are in mixed braille formats and would like help with an RB 40 braille embosser.
- Stanley Haupt is looking for Caller ID recommendations.
- Kate says Happy Thanksgiving.
- Bad news from APH about Reader's Digest and Newsweek.
- We have November birthdays.
- Lucille Caruso visits the "Stupidity Department."
- Nancy Levy comments on flip phones.
- Kate asks you to thank our major funders.
- Tim Hendel comments on Harry Potter and would like suggestions for King Arthur books.
- Bojane Heap about the Harry Potter books and would like correspondence.
- Kate has a cookbook update.
- Bob Branco sends in information about Jalil Mortazavi's book and Bob's new job.
- Kate has a raffle update.
- Mike Lantz on trying to find a job and would like suggestions for braille writer repair.
- Irwin reports on the passing of his sister Miki.
- We learned that Janet Gabel passed away.
- Joni Colver tells about a podcast she likes.
- Lenora Tomporowski with the Jumble answer and we have a new one.
- Gerry Gabrielli has an answer to "Help."
- We have the winners for our free items in October and new ones to give away this month.
- Jeanne Corcoran has some pumpkin recipes.
- From Jane McIver and National Braille Press: Sugar Detox Made Easy,
Diabetes, Sixty-eight Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family,
Fast and Fresh Main Courses,
Fast and Fresh Salads,
and Holiday Recipes from Cooks Illustrated,
- Al Daniels with a drink recipe.
- Ruthie Wagoner went to some sporting events and shares a couple of recipes.
- Joan Andrews comments on previously assigned phone numbers; separating laundry and attending sporting events.
- Kathy Pritchard comments on the way we are treated; attending a baseball game and role models.
- Dorothy Dickey on being a role model.
- Columbus Drivers, Pedestrians Matter TOO.
- Beth Hunter introduces herself.
- Jane McIver has information about Blitab.
- Linda Bennett with the poem "Thanksgiving Day."
- Abbie Taylor on memories of attending a baseball game and gives us a Seventh Inning Stretch.
- Victor Schmidt with "The Ten Commandments by Prince Buster" and "The Ten Commandments by Princess Buster."
- Linda Bennett with a joke.
- Nancy Scott shares a Christmas selection.
- Nolan Crabb reviews: "Pleating for Mercy." (DBC 07232)
- Marakesh Law Signed by the President.
- "Laura Walk 2016 J.D. to Clerk for US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas."
- An Idea for Making Self-driving Cars Safer: Reprogram Humans.
- We have an update on our braille calendar.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- John Wesley Smith has a couple of items for sale.
- We have three selections from the November 1987 Newsreel.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Can Braille Survive in a Smart Phone World?"
- Irwin reports on applying for a Credit Freeze.
- Michigan Township Allows Autistic Boy to Keep Therapy Ducks.
- Larry Honaker demonstrates the Fire Tablet.
- Linda Bennett sent in a couple of jokes.
- Peggy Bergados is a new member.
- We hear about Portal and Portal+ from Facebook.
- From The Ohio Connection: APH ConnectDirect information and referral number, Mobility for all,
Accessible Medicare info,
and Request a Device.
- From Marianne Daley: "A Dumb Story for Musicians."