Table of contents December 2016.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- We have holiday greetings from Clinton Lindgren and he brings us Johnny Mathis with "It Came Upon The Midnight Clear."
- Linda Bennett with "Christmas Time is Here."
- Bojane heap shares an article titled: "The Quiet Heroism of Amazing P."
- From Ann Chiappetta: "Chicken Burridos."
- Tom Lykins tells us about Braille Bible Foundation.
- Charlie Anderson reports on his trip to the United Kingdom.
- "Ford Reveals Self Driving Cars Politeness Might be a Problem."
- Mike Lantz on the National Radio convention and is looking for some people.
- We have December birthdays.
- Marg Schmitz needs a battery for her cell phone.
- We have Christmas riddles and jokes from Linda Webb throughout the issue.
- Jeri Williams comments on the sound that Ginger Harms heard.
- E. Z Clleghorn has a hint if you need to smile.
- "What Dreams are like when you are Blind."
- Loren Wakefield on slates and passes along a joke.
- Doug Hudson with an update on Seedlings Braille Books.
- Russell Carrick introduces us to a new friend.
- From National Braille Press: "Why is Wemberly Worried?"
and we hear about "Shapes."
- Toni Eames has holiday greetings.
- We have news about CVS and accessible prescription labels and kiosks.
- Tim Hendel and Deb Saylor have a parody for Christmas.
- Gerry Gabrielli has a Christmas selection originally from 2003.
- We have the cookbook winners for November and new books to give away in December.
- Sue Bandos is looking for a casserole dish.
- From Blind Perspective: "Cooking Concoctions."
- Ed Fedush sent in a hint to find out if your food has thawed.
- Jeanne Corcoran tells us about a book bag she likes.
- From Marianne Daley: "Your Dog can Make you Feel Better, and Here's Why."
- Philip Jackson with questions about Alexa.
- Rita Tester read about a can opener and wants to know about a color identifier.
- Pam Spurlock about QVC and wants some phone numbers.
- Patty Silver shares a story.
- We learn about the "Aware Audible Proximity Solution Navigation App."
- We have Miss Fogarty's Christmas Cake.
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- Brittni Paiva with "Carol of the Bells."
- We have holiday greetings from Dennis Schaffner, Norene Trappa and Phil Jackson.
- Irwin talks with Jenine Stanley about proposed changes to the Air Carrier Access Act; guide dog relief areas at airports and accessible kiosks.
- Irwin reads: "The NLS Digital Player."
- Debbie Caldbeck sent in: "Cassette Players are Making a Comeback."
- Ray Smith with Jolly Old Saint Nicholas.
- Laurie Pettis has a musical Christmas card.
- Bob Riibe likes a pair of boots.
- Diane Motchuk has a talking Glucometer for sale.
- We have a review of a Handi-Talkie.
- Duncan Holmes tells us about his upcoming tours.
- We have a Christmas tale from Helen Keller.
- Alice Massa tells us about her new book.
- "How it Feels to Grow Up Blind in Kentucky."
- From Tom Kaufman: "High School to Use Tech to Help the Blind to Differentiate Paper Money."
- Bob Clayton would like to know where to send used braille books.
- Kim Taylor would like ideas for dealing with bed bugs.
- Lisa Kelly with "Christmas Everywhere."
- APH narrator John Polk was the banquet speaker at the 2016 ACBO Conference.
- John Polk continues.
- We have best wishes from Linda Wiggins and Sam Bates.
- "How Sixty Years Ago the U.S. Military Became the World's Official Tracker of Santa Claus."
- Irwin has a brief update on the house.
- From Tom Kaufman and Robert Acosta: from Dan's Tip we learn about Blind Abilities.
- "Windsor High School Prints what may be the First Braille Yearbook."
- Frank Sinatra with The Christmas Waltz.
- We have a medieval carol from Duncan Holmes.
- We have holiday greetings from: Norma Kraus, Pat Keating, Kate Sniderman, Tom Lykins, Jan Blatz, Julia Cobb and Jean and Betty LaGrange.
- Irwin reminds you about our braille calendars.
- Tim Hendel on braille.
- Donna Permar comments on braille.
- Irwin about braille.
- Carrie Hooper on braille.
- Marg Schmitz concerning braille.
- Gayle Adams on braille.
- Debra Saylor talks about braille.
- Vinny Samarco on braille.
- Beth Terranova discusses braille.
- Tom Lykins on braille.
- Marianne Daley sent in an article about making friends outside of Facebook.
- Janet Didsbury wants to know the difference between an iphone and an Android.
- Angela Gatteys has items to give away.
- Abbie Taylor on braille; shares a piece from her memoir and has a musical holiday wish.
- Deb Caldbeck sent in a version of "Over the River and Through the Woods."
- We welcome a new subscriber.
- Bojane Heap on restaurants and blind people; needs suggestions for cleaning a glass-topped stove and has more about her Victor Stream.
- From National Braille Press: "Sunday Morning Quotations."
and "Good Night Good Night Construction Site."
- E. Z. Cleghorn recommends Abbie Taylor's new book and has questions about SIRIUSXM Radio.
- Richard Brock talks about a talking blood glucose meter and discusses unwanted help.
- We learned that Paul B. Smith passed away.
- Hap Holly sends in a little humor.
- JEANNE Corcoran with the story "Joy."
- Marianne Daley has best wishes for the season.
- Duncan Holmes sent in an upbeat Christmas song.
- Clinton Lindgren ends the issue with "Song of the Night."