Table of contents December 2017.
- Harry C. Moores underwriting announcement.
- Ralph Martinez sent in some "Snow."
- From Linda Bennett: "Another Sweet December."
- George Gray tells us about Camp Salom 2018.
- Deb Caldbeck has items to give away.
- Carol Ashland on dymo tape and saying "Thanks."
- We hear about the Xavier Society for the Blind.
- Chad Grover is looking for accessible catalogs.
- Freedom Scientific Releases JAWS 2018.
- Lucille Caruso with a Christmas message.
- We have December birthdays.
- From Marianne Daley: "Happiness is Other People."
- Alice Massa has a Christmas poem.
- We learn about accessible washrooms.
- From Tom Kaufman and David Goldfield: we hear about the 30th anniversary of the Braille 'n Speak.
- We welcome two new subscribers.
- Mike Lantz has a friend who is looking for someone.
- Blind Triplets in Virginia Make History by Achieving Rank of Eagle Scouts.
- Bill Morgan shares an early memory of Newsreel.
- Marie Rudys with "Christmas Morning."
- Gerry Gabrielli from the December 2003 Newsreel with The Bell Sisters.
- Kate tells us about cookbook winners for November and the give-aways we have in December.
- Robert Wegner with a recipe for black eyed peas.
- Patty Silver on food allergies and suggests a book. (DB 76516)
- From NBP: "Braille My Wish Bracelets."
- Joan Andrews comments on the importance of smelling food.
- From December 2000 Charles Nettles reads: "The 23rd Diet."
- Jeanne Corcoran remembers Patty Luchtenberg and shares a Christmas selection of "A Fragile Gift."
- Kate has holiday greetings.
- Lucille Caruso describes a new cassette recorder.
- Julie Ann Cobb has musical Christmas wishes.
- Marg Campbell with a Christmas medley.
- Jane McIver with the song "I Just Can't Wait Til Christmas."
- From Linda Bennett: Christmas Time.
- Irwin talks about recording old issues of Newsreel from cassette.
- Nolan Crabb reviews "The Mistletoe Secret." (DB 86630)
- John Wesley Smith on cassettes and the availability of magazines.
- We hear about legislation to improve educational opportunities for visual and hearing impaired students.
- From Katie Frederick: "Nationwide Class Action Challenges Hulu's Discrimination Against Blind and Visually Impaired Individuals."
- Irwin has some housekeeping tips.
- "Blind Teenager Gets new Braille Computer to Replace Communications Tool Lost in Sonoma County Fire."
- Chester Carnes is looking for several items.
- Nancy Levy with memories of Patty Luchtenberg.
- Marg Schmitz with a hint for cooking turkey.
- From NBP: "Diary of a Worm."
- Thanks to the Ohio Lions Sight and Hearing Committee for their support.
- We feature Patty Luchtenberg and her family with a couple of songs from December 2004.
- From Deb Caldbeck: "Local TV and Radio Stations no Longer Required to have Local Studios."
- Patty Silver with a Christmas memory.
- George Gray tells us about games for the i-Phone.
- From the Columbus Dispatch: "Ohio State Sorority Sisters Fight over Therapy Dog Goes to Court" with an update.
- Tom Lykins with holiday wishes.
- From Tom Kaufman and David Goldfield: we hear about a reduced price for the Pearl camera from Freedom Scientific.
- Jan Blatz with greetings.
- Duncan Holmes has information for the Harbolt Company.
- Alternatives to Opioids for Pain Relief."
- Richard Brock with best wishes.
- We hear about a Long Jumper who is blind.
- Tom Kaufman sends in: "GM will test Fully Autonomous Cars in a Matter of Quarters not Years."
- Diane Motchuk with holiday wishes.
- Cindy Durborow with a Christmas poem.
- Duncan Holmes with "A Pussy Cat's Christmas."
- Irwin has an update on our braille calendars.
- Abbie Taylor on exercising; suggests "Blind Alive"
and Abbie has musical best wishes for the holidays.
- Adrijana Prokopenko would like help in starting a magazine.
- We hear from Talking Book narrator Laura Giannarelli from the 2017 ACB-OHIO-Indiana convention.
- We hear more from Laura Giannarelli.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Bionic Vision Restoration: Could Future Technologies Restore Sight?"
- Kate shares some trivia.
- "Monday Morning Quotations."
- From Hap Holly: "Christmas Beginnings."
- Laurie Pettis has a song for Christmas.
- From Clinton Lindgren: "Christmas Eve" by Karla.
- Harvey Miller tells us about a project he worked on involving braille music from 1863 and we hear a sample.
- Robert Wegner on hearing aids.
- From NBP: "Even More Braille Jewelry."
- Bojane Heap on past memories; teaching; hearing loss; braille and cell phones.
- From Tom Kaufman: "Six Ways Tech is Transforming Blind People's Lives."
- E. Z. Cleghorn really enjoys Newsreel; comments on sale items from 1983; discusses learning how to use an i-device and talks about the availability of old-time-radio.
- Harold Bradley is looking for a Sharp EL 640 clock-calculator.
- We have the answer for the November jumble and Brad Barrows with a new jumble.
- Bing Crosby with "You're All I Want For Christmas."
- Daniela Andrade with "Let It Snow."
- Beth Clark talks with Krasimir Chervenko from Bulgaria.
- Blind Man Runs New York City Marathon Without a Guide.
- Marie Rudys has a health update.
- From Clinton Lindgren: Ashley Serena with "The Coventry Carol."
- From December 2000 Patty Luchtenberg reads: "Christmas Joy" sent in by Joni Colver.